Notices

Can it get any better?

Old 02-09-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
Congratulations! It's amazing what happens when we trust God, clean house and help others. You took me right back to the day I got married 2 years ago tomorrow. Sponsor as my witness, and a meeting a couple hours later. I owe it all to God and AA. Without those 2 things I would have nothing. Enjoy your honeymoon, and thank you for sharing your happy news. Congratulations to the Mrs too. Wishing you many years of happy wedded bliss.
Thanks for your message Libby, I feel the same.

I am mindful of a couple of passages from the big book. "Is he not a victim of the delusion that he can wrest satisfaction from this life if only he manages well?"

That speaks to my external circumstances. They are amazing just now. As an observer, it might be tempting to think that it would be easy to stay sober if only I had a beautiful wife and a yacht and the freedom to sail the world etc. My life appears idyllic (and it is) bit I have seen other alcholics of my type fight their way to apparently ideal circumstances and still find themselves empty and dissatisfied.

The second thing is one of the third step promises - "We had a new employer. Being all powerful He provides what we need, provided we stick close to Him and perform His work well".

This speaks to my internal condition, which is the part that makes it easy to stay sober. He has provided in abundance. Internally, I am happy, joyous and free. He has solved all my problems in the past and that experience has given me complete faith for the future. No matter what happens, it will be OK.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What fabulous news, Mike. May you & your new wife have a joyous life together.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

oh WOW!!
congratulations to you and your wife on the newly sealed marriage, and way to go on the tomorrow thingie, and thank you for always showing up .
Old 02-09-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mike! Sure sounds like the good life to me.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Mike! Very happy for you, on this wonderful news!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy your lives together <3
Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
I got married today! I lost my first wife just over 10 years ago and thought I would never find another soul mate. But I have found the most delightful lady and I love her to bits. She has been with me on my cruising adventure for the past 22 months, and is a great friend too. I couldn't be happier.

The other thing I thought would never happen for me was a full recovery from alcoholism. I never took a note of my first day sober (luckily my sponsor did) because I really believed that the AA program would not work for me. I didn't expect to last more than a few weeks. But I worked the steps anyway, and tomorrow I will celebrate 38 years of God given sobriety. This is not my achievement, in fact it has almost happened in spite of me. I am sober is a direct result of the Power I found through working the steps.

My life is nothing like anything I could have imagined back then. So much different, so much better, and all I have had to do is follow a few simple principles in a less than perfect way.

Clean house, trust God, help others.

God bless.
THIS IS AMAZING! I love this, Gottalife.

I am in awe of your 38 years, and am working to make it that many if I live to 79

I too despaired and finally accepted that AA was the only way to save my life. I too married the love of my life this past Dec; he was actually my high school bf and we are both in recovery, to highlight just a couple wonderful things about our life together.

I too am finding the "touch me, it's so pink here" life the bulk of the time and I am so grateful - I would wish a life like yours or mine on anyone and everyone.

Thank you so much for sharing- I actually did need an AM shot of positiveness and cheer and hope, since I've been some kind of off and on cranky this week.

Best to you and your lovely bride - and to all of us working on a full, emotional sober and grateful life.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

She is a lucky lady.

I love this as a way to live "Clean house, trust God, help others."

Thanks for letting us know, you are important to us and wonderful to be able to celebrate your milestone.

If you have a minute, would love to hear a bit about your cursing sometime. My godparents packed it all in and went cruising in their 50s.

Congratulations to you both, you are a treasure!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey Mike, I am so pleased for you and your bride as well as your son and anyone else your life touches. A life companion is a treasure. I'm glad you found one. That love is a gift to all of us, really.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congratulations, and the wish for many happy years together. Your sailing adventure sounds wonderful!
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!

Have a great honeymoon!
Old 02-11-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Your AWESOME!!!
Old 02-11-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

All the very best to you both.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Super cool story. Stay safe out there on the open seas. Sounds like you're living the dream. Iv'e been to Thailand a couple times, Singapore was one of my favorites. I kinda miss that green water.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My congratulations,dude!!Keep it going!