Notices

Not much to say but feel I need to

Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not much to say but feel I need to

I'm on day 48 and am doing well. I have a few short moments each day where I am thinking I really want a drink. It's funny that when I get that thought I can look at the clock and it's the same time every day. I'm glad I have recognized it and can kinda laugh about it till it passes. My life is going smooth. Work and home are both great. I feel that I should post here even when I'm feeling good to keep me connected. I feel in the past that when I quit posting and reading others posts is when I would slip back into the bottle. I hope all of you guys are doing ok.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad things are going well for you, ladybug. It definitely helps us stay quit when life is peaceful.

And when its not? It doesn't have to have anything to do with drinking. People who have never had a drinking problem at all have bad days and they are just bad days, not reasons to drink.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In AA new people are told to call their sponsor or someone on their phone list even on days they feel good, so when things are not it's easier to pick up that phone.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done! Keep it going!
Old 02-09-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reverse Psych

Good morning Ladybug. You keep sharing...you help us all when you do. Just your comment, alone, about losing sight of your journey when you stop posting or reading - will speak volumes to a lot of us. Glad you’re here.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yo Lady!

I'm on day 36 and feel similar to you. Things overall are far better than I could have expected. I haven't been sober this long in 10 years. I forgot what it's like without alcohol.

I find myself a reluctant regular around here but the reluctance turns more and more into habit and even enjoyment. I'll take that over being a regular at the bar, thank you.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

day 48 is great - congrats on getting past your 'witching hour' too

D
Old 02-09-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there girl. The cravings eventually subside. They get weaker. Just stay the course. Your doing fine.