Notices

Super bowl bash tomorrow

Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Packed the ribs in the fridge last night with my special rub. Got the smoke going around noon with some seasoned applewood. 5 hrs @ 250 then smothered in my homemade bbq sauce. Balmy 35' in New England today. It's always a great day to "Q". Sober Super Bowl! Go Pats!
Old 02-04-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm at work...the ER is hopping...lots of weather today means accidents, illness, and most likely later, we will get alcohol-induced stupidity....but not from me.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I heard just before on the radio that 14,000 people usually call out of work on the Monday after the Super Bowl...

Nobody on this thread, it seems!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rob762 View Post
Uh...you are getting less anonymous by the second. Central coast or valley? I won't ask you to be more specific than that in this thread. I'll get specific, I grew up in the Fresno/Clovis area.
Valley girl! Bit more north than you and after marriage, another 90 minutes north...but still central valley with our lovely 110 degree days in the summer. Wish we had more rain in the winter....

I'm always worried someone will figure out who i am, with the nature of my work I can be fired without cause or violation just for having this problem.

I'm quiet about it in real life and I stopped going to AA for the same reason, plus I am maintaining sobriety fine without it.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Made it through super bowl weekend without a drink! Feel good about that. Not the outcome of the game but I'm glad to be sober.
Thanks to all of you on SR.
And yes, grayghost, work in the am.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Philly in the morning..

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-conten...ningPhilly.jpg
Old 02-04-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ugh, I despise the annual super bowl party. From rage cleaning this morning to unwillingly babysitting little boys that the moms send with with beer swilling, distracted fathers, I am always glad when it is over.

I would just leave the house, but those little boys can be really destructive, so I have no choice.

Drinking through it all was easier. Drinking really was a way to simply get through **** days. I am glad to be sober. Overall it makes my life easier and better. Some days, though....my AV had a field day with today, the beast came out. Tons of anger. I told the beast he could pound at that bolted door all he liked But the door stays shut, and no matter how awful the day is? I don't drink.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Ugh, I despise the annual super bowl party. From rage cleaning this morning to unwillingly babysitting little boys that the moms send with with beer swilling, distracted fathers, I am always glad when it is over.

I would just leave the house, but those little boys can be really destructive, so I have no choice.

Drinking through it all was easier. Drinking really was a way to simply get through **** days. I am glad to be sober. Overall it makes my life easier and better. Some days, though....my AV had a field day with today, the beast came out. Tons of anger. I told the beast he could pound at that bolted door all he liked But the door stays shut, and no matter how awful the day is? I don't drink.
That's my Valley Girl
Old 02-04-2018, 11:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Didn't drink today, went to an AA meeting, and the Patriots lost.

Had two dogs sitting beside me, sleeping happily.

It was a good day. 😁
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
I heard just before on the radio that 14,000 people usually call out of work on the Monday after the Super Bowl...

Nobody on this thread, it seems!
It will be at least 14,000 call-ins and no-shows in Philadelphia alone.

I stayed at the office working throughout most of the game and didn't watch a single snap when I got back to the house.

But I will certainly be in Daytona next weekend for the Daytona 500.

And Atlanta the next weekend for the NASCAR race there.

Then *******, Tn the next month.

And then Talladega and Charlotte.

And then, well, it would take to much time and space to chronicle the whole season on this post.