Notices

2 weeks sober and a week out of detox

Old 01-30-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

In a lot of pain today. On my bender a few weeks back I fell and hurt my shoulder. It’s been giving me grief for a couple weeks but today it’s real bad. I got up at like 5am because it’s hurting so bad.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Harley1973 View Post
In a lot of pain today. On my bender a few weeks back I fell and hurt my shoulder. It’s been giving me grief for a couple weeks but today it’s real bad. I got up at like 5am because it’s hurting so bad.
Advil or ibuprofen, if your doctor says its ok. And I swear by Epsom salt baths. They help a little later on but while in the bath the pain is gone. Its soothing and you can bring in tea or mineral water and just read. Perfect for early recovery.

If it's that much worse you might need an xray.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Harley1973 View Post
I would get that shoulder checked out by the doc, Harley. In Sept, 2016, I hurt my shoulder playing pickleball. Had consistent pain and was unable to sleep on that side. I ultimately went the Dr. in January, 2017. First Dr. tried a cortisone shot, which didn't work. When I went back, an MRI was done, which revealed a torn rotator cuff. Surgery 3 weeks later. Good Luck!