Notices

Rough couple of days

Old 01-20-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough couple of days

I've had a rough couple of days with wanting a bottle of wine. Yesterday my dh was continually saying mean stupid things to me , I'm not sure if he was looking for a fight or just being an ass. He has been nicer today. I've really been thinking about drinking.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't do it. There's a reason we came here. A million reasons probably. The cravings pass and just think about waking up having not succumbed to drinking.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

Play it forward.
Imagine that misery for a while.
You will be able to stay on track if you remember that only you have the power of decision.

Can you try to get to a meeting or do something like a walk ?

Hoping you don't drink.

V.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just don't drink today.

Is AA a part of your recovery program?
Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

Playing the tape forward really helps me.

I have lots of ruinous drinking memories to help fill the tape
Old 01-20-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Find another way to deal with problems. Drinking a bottle of wine is how you used to deal with it. How do you deal with it now? I take off to the gym and sweat it out. Or I rest and retreat with tv or reading. Spouse being a jerk? I'd just escape for the day. Simply leave the house, on your own or with kids or pets....problem solved. Sounds like he was better today, so these things are temporary, no? Giant shame to ruin your sobriety over a temporary situation, isn't it?
Old 01-20-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Dont do it! My therapist told me the other day that cravings only usually peak for 10 mins at a time and then the anxiety declines. thinking about 10 mins as apposed to 10 hours of regret is something I'm willing to take. Distract yourself, go a walk, run a bath, do the dishes get the hoover out look for a meeting anything bar poisoning yourself! Take care
Old 01-21-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was there yesterday too! Wanted to drink wine and was struggling to remember why I shouldn't. I ate a lot, had a big bubble bath and cried a bit. I also just tried to focus on all the physical things that I hate about drinking. The bloating and hearburn, that saturated feeling and the tiredness. When I woke up this morning I played through exactly how I would feel if I had drant and was hungover. It really helps me stop picking up that first glass of wine. You can do it. Distract yourself with anything you can. Gabe x
Old 01-21-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going LadyBug?

D
Old 01-21-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’m right there with you, my husband and I have been fighting constantly and he’s been a total jerk. We took our kids camping over the weekend and what was supposed to be fun and relaxing family time turned into us arguing the whole time. I was so tempted to walk over to the campground store and buy a 6 pack. I just kept trying to focus my energy elsewhere but it was very difficult .
Old 01-21-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks ya'll. I'm staying sober but still having a rough time with it. My dh is still drinking and that is starting to bother me somewhat. He seems to be mad at me for quitting and being mean. I woke up with an awful headache this morning and it was kind of nice knowing it was from eye strain from reading and not a hangover. I just wish it wasn't on my mind as much as it is. I'm on day 28. Thanks again for all the words of support, it has saved me more than once.