Notices

Don't think I will live through the night.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!

Glad to see you're taking positive steps forward.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hope you find a suitable plan, Rob! Recovery works, if you work it!
Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So happy to hear that you are moving forward.

So happy.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Keep at it, Rob. This is the right path. When you if you start feeling like it isn't so bad, read back and remember.

xo
O
Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Rob thank you for sharing your story and keeping us updated. I was struggling with cravings but reading your story brought it back to where I needed to be!
We are all here for you 24/7. Take it easy and do whatever you enjoy...you can tackle the chores soon enough. Play some video games...read a book...stay close to SR. We are all routing for you 🤗
Old 01-20-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Feeling absolutely great today. Can't believe how fast I am recovering. No pain or cravings to speak of at the moment, but keeping it in perspective. Super excited about getting some things done today but not over do it.

I'm talking to tons of people and will continue to hold myself accountable instead of hiding in shame like usual. Iv'e always kept the extent of my problems internalized and hidden from most friends and family, many of which didn't even know I drank more than socially.

Hell, my closest uncle didn't even know I drank. Now he knows every detail. Of course him being 2000 miles away made it pretty easy. Got a phone call this morning from my neighbor who's alcoholic son of 38 had a massive heart attack last night and had to be shocked 20 times to be brought back. They say his heart is functioning at 4 %. They are installing a pump and said his only chance is a transplant, and he'll most likely be at the bottom of the list. Really puts it in perspective.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I am so proud of you, Rob. It's not easy asking for help and admitting you are an alcoholic. You sound so optimistic. You've come such a long way from your opening post fearing you would die. So happy for you.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
MrBrad

Stay strong.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good luck Rob!

You can do this. Get a recovery plan and put the effort into it that you put into your drinking. Many people that drank worse than you got sober with a plan.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks again to every single person here for their support and words of encouragement. This site and the great people herein most likely saved my life. I will refrain from bumping this thread as frequently, but will check in with an occasional progress report. I also plan to interact with and hopefully help other people if possible.

Vinificent, I'm super glad my story over the last few days made and impact with you. Let's both keep it going.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Rob, if you look at the number of views to your thread, it's really quite impressive. It just goes to show that a rather large number of folks on SR are following this thread to be assured that you'll be okay. I'm also impressed with your progress since your first post. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rob762 View Post
I will refrain from bumping this thread as frequently, but will check in with an occasional progress report. I also plan to interact with and hopefully help other people if possible.
I'd rather you update too frequently than having us wonder for days at a time.

I lurked here for many months, and the only reason I registered was so I could respond to you. It's my first post here, go look. Believe me when I say helping you helps me stay sober. Once you have some time under your belt, you'll understand what that means.

If you disappear for about 30 days, I'll just assume you went to rehab, but please do post before you go.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Theres no limit to the support here Rob - post as much and as often as you need to

D
Old 01-21-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sounds like you're doing good, Rob. Stay close to SR. This place was a real lifesaver for me, especially early on. It's crucial to have a plan in place when those cravings hit. Recovery has been beyond my wildest dreams. You CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Sounds like you're doing good, Rob. Stay close to SR. This place was a real lifesaver for me, especially early on. It's crucial to have a plan in place when those cravings hit. Recovery has been beyond my wildest dreams. You CAN DO THIS!!!
This sums up recovery for all of us. "beyond my wildest dreams." Recovery plans are simple but not easy. The work, pain and suffering we have to go through is worth it. All of our lives are so much better now. My life is amazing, I have the same job at the same salary and only material thing I have done is pay off a bunch of debt. But my life is "beyond my wildest dreams." Because I got my soul back. I have peace and serenity. I have my integrity back and I have true friends and loved ones in my life.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

How ya making out, Rob?
Old 01-23-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Ken, thanks for asking. I'm doing great actually. Funny how when you are drunk all the time you hear every second tick by and it takes forever to make it to the end of the day. Sober and there isn't enough time in the day to do the things you want, but I'm chipping away at my list and staying even keeled. Living life man....sure is great. Going to bed tired being naturally tired instead of artificially. I'm am in the planning stages of doing a bathroom remodel to get started next week in my "spare" time. Trying my best to find ways to put myself in a position to fill my idle time with things that keep my mind occupied. I'm really optimistic about things.

I think my alcoholism has been more of a byproduct of difficult life events rather than pure depression. When I'm sober I'm not depressed. I have always suffered with anxiety, but I'm generally happy when sober. And by difficult life events, I'm not referring to the everyday hurdles we all incur, I really had a bunch of major things happen in short order. Hopefully I got it all out of the way for a while.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear things are better Rob

D
Old 01-23-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

This thread makes my heart happy. I know it's early Rob, but good for you reaching out then getting help. I can't say enough about this community.

Bump this thread as much as you need- that's what we're here for!!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better than last week. I was really worried about you, brother.

Don't let feeling good and productive convince you that you're well. Keeping yourself distracted will only work for so long. It's not a recovery plan.

This disease is stronger than you. It will come back and hit you with a vengeance without a plan and some help. I thought I could do it on my own, too. But I couldn't.

I'm a little worried now that you've gotten past this and feel better you'll convince yourself, "Hey, I got this."