SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Just checking in (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/421955-just-checking.html)

LadyBug66 01-15-2018 12:42 PM

Just checking in

Today is 22 days sober. It's a cool feeling. My dh still drinks every day and he has tempted me a few times with offering to run to eskimo joes and get me a 4 shot of vodka Icee. At the restaurant the waiter accidently brought 2 beers instead of one and my dh said, "better drink up". I stayed strong and it felt good. I think it bothers him in a way that I have quit drinking. I gave all my wine away; that was harder than saying no to the beer or eskimo joes. I still have moments when I think about having a drink but I can so far talk myself out of it. I still miss it but don't miss the after effects. I'm getting more done in my life now. Just checking in and hope you all are doing ok and hanging tough.

Stride34 01-15-2018 12:46 PM

your husband sounds like a great guy...

ChloeRose63 01-15-2018 12:47 PM

You are doing great with 22 days! Keep staying strong! It gets better and better! Soon it will be a whole month!:)

LateBloominCait 01-15-2018 01:42 PM

Your husband sounds kind of unsupportive. I'm sorry he is making it harder for you. Great job on staying sober through the temptation!

waynetheking 01-16-2018 06:30 PM

Ladybug your doing fine. I have a question. Does your husband know what alcoholism is? He's wanting you to drink? I find that odd. Your life is at stake here. You can't drink again. It's deadly for you. Your an alcoholic. Right? So here's my suggestion. Tell him if he ever offers you a drink again your leaving. Hands down, outta there. I guess I would explain the seriousness of the disease and then tell him that. I might get backlash on this one but for me that's not love. So why stay?
Incredible.
I'm sorry I'm kinda pissed about my day right now. I'm just sick of this disease. It destroys everything it touches.

Stayingsassy 01-16-2018 09:32 PM

Congrats on your 22 days. My husband was the same way for a long time, until my drinking got so bad that he said he wanted out. Just keep doing you. If you are consistent then over time he will probably stop pushing and asking. It's a tricky business with spouses, when we change. Especially when we change in big ways.

Dave42001 01-16-2018 09:59 PM

Great job on 22 days.. 1 month is right around the corner!! Wishing you the best!!

Done4today 01-16-2018 10:09 PM

Congrats on 22 Days!! the days get easier and rejecting offers to drink get much steadier. I have a couple people I see once in awhile that it appears their mission is to get me to drink. One actually tried to sneak a shot into my soda on New Years. Funny how strong alcohol smells when you have quit drinking it.

Stay strong the journey is worth it.

Dee74 01-16-2018 11:01 PM

congrats on day 22 LadyBug :)

D

LadyBug66 01-17-2018 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by waynetheking (Post 6750151)
Ladybug your doing fine. I have a question. Does your husband know what alcoholism is? He's wanting you to drink? I find that odd. Your life is at stake here. You can't drink again. It's deadly for you. Your an alcoholic. Right? So here's my suggestion. Tell him if he ever offers you a drink again your leaving. Hands down, outta there. I guess I would explain the seriousness of the disease and then tell him that. I might get backlash on this one but for me that's not love. So why stay?
Incredible.
I'm sorry I'm kinda pissed about my day right now. I'm just sick of this disease. It destroys everything it touches.

It's not bad enough for me to make an ultimatum. I honestly think my drinking made him not feel so bad about his drinking. I'm sick of this disease too!

LadyBug66 01-17-2018 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy (Post 6750302)
Congrats on your 22 days. My husband was the same way for a long time, until my drinking got so bad that he said he wanted out. Just keep doing you. If you are consistent then over time he will probably stop pushing and asking. It's a tricky business with spouses, when we change. Especially when we change in big ways.

I feel he feels that I am judging him for his drinking now. I'm not. He can drink a few beers and stop. I think he feels a little threatened that I'm improving myself. I can understand that feeling. I just said Feel so many times! LOL

LadyBug66 01-17-2018 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Done4today (Post 6750320)
Congrats on 22 Days!! the days get easier and rejecting offers to drink get much steadier. I have a couple people I see once in awhile that it appears their mission is to get me to drink. One actually tried to sneak a shot into my soda on New Years. Funny how strong alcohol smells when you have quit drinking it.

Stay strong the journey is worth it.

True! At the basketball game I could smell beer! Someone had been drinking before the game and I kept looking around wondering if others could smell it too! LOL