SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Weekend loving (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/421871-weekend-loving.html)

Lpg 01-14-2018 02:20 AM

Weekend loving

Each weekend that passes I begin to love them more and more, I used to be filled with dread and shame on weekends when I was drinking (no work meant no limits) and now I can't wait to find all the adventures that wait for me. Long walks in the country, driving to beautiful places, eating amazing food even simple things like taking a bath and fresh coffee!
Happy weekend everyone

Stayingsassy 01-14-2018 10:57 AM

Agreed. Always at the forefront of my mind in sobriety is the weekend binges and the lost weekends. I don't want to ever forget the misery and waste of the old days.

Weekends are beautiful now. Peaceful, productive,full of family connection, cooking and talking and laughing, creative pursuits:wouldn't trade it for the world.

Took a long time to make the switch to loving sober weekends but now that it's here it's better than I thought it would be.

waynetheking 01-14-2018 02:16 PM

You ladies are doing GREAT!! Just keep it up. It's gets better and easier. I'm happy for both of you!

Mtphc 01-14-2018 02:47 PM

Same here i really actually enjoy my weekends now. I remember how horrible it was being drunk the entire time due to the addiction, and to keep the withdrawals at bay.

Now I enjoy just being home reading a book, going online, or just hanging out with my kids. Now I'm back to enjoying those things again. I really feel optimistic about the future now.

Lpg 01-14-2018 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy (Post 6747063)
Agreed. Always at the forefront of my mind in sobriety is the weekend binges and the lost weekends. I don't want to ever forget the misery and waste of the old days.

Weekends are beautiful now. Peaceful, productive,full of family connection, cooking and talking and laughing, creative pursuits:wouldn't trade it for the world.

Took a long time to make the switch to loving sober weekends but now that it's here it's better than I thought it would be.

Yaay it's so amazing isn't it? I didn't realise how miserable I was before and how good life could be without alcohol. I wouldn't trade it either, my AV starting playing up a little last night when visiting a friend's but it was soon shut down when I thought of all the positives in my life now. So happy your feeling good too sassy. We can do it 💪

Lpg

Lpg 01-14-2018 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by waynetheking (Post 6747326)
You ladies are doing GREAT!! Just keep it up. It's gets better and easier. I'm happy for both of you!

Thanks so much Wayne. Loving life! I know it's not all happy clappy all the time but right now it is so I'm taking full advantage.

Lpg 01-14-2018 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mtphc (Post 6747358)
Same here i really actually enjoy my weekends now. I remember how horrible it was being drunk the entire time due to the addiction, and to keep the withdrawals at bay.

Now I enjoy just being home reading a book, going online, or just hanging out with my kids. Now I'm back to enjoying those things again. I really feel optimistic about the future now.

Aw this is so sweet and I bet your kids are thrilled too, amazing. Its so nice to feel free from all the rubbish that weighs you down through alcohol. ☺

Mtphc 01-16-2018 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lpg (Post 6747903)
Aw this is so sweet and I bet your kids are thrilled too, amazing. Its so nice to feel free from all the rubbish that weighs you down through alcohol. ☺

So glad it's becoming less of a struggle now and feeling more like myself again, for a while there I didn't think it was gonna be possible to be sober more than two days 😅

Ken0331 01-19-2018 08:01 AM

Weekends, weekdays, towards the end I'd drink on any day ending in "y".

But yeah, it's so much better not planning ahead of time to obliterate away my weekend, thinking that it was enjoyable, then wondering why I felt like such crap at the beginning of the workweek. And wondering exactly what I did that weekend. Then not caring what I did that weekend, b/c alcohol had left me so defeated I stopped caring.

Life is so much better sober. I never thought it could be. Glad I was wrong.

Done4today 01-20-2018 02:07 PM

It's so awesome to see you and stayingsassy happy and grateful!!!

You two battled for your sobriety and are seeing the rewards for your perseverance. Keep up the good work!

Lpg 01-20-2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Done4today (Post 6754723)
It's so awesome to see you and stayingsassy happy and grateful!!!

You two battled for your sobriety and are seeing the rewards for your perseverance. Keep up the good work!

Thanks done4today, worth the battle! Another amazing sober weekend sitting in my pj's warm and safe and happy as Larry!

☺ and a fresh morning tomorrow yay!

ForestFrenzy 01-20-2018 11:46 PM

I love loving sober weekends again.
When I was drinking I regretted losing that ability; I'd wake up woefully hung over and slept most the day away and would count the hours until it was a "reasonable" time to start drinking again. And all through hit I was miserable, caged in that miserable cell.
Thanks for this post. It's great to step back and look at how fulfilling my life is in comparison to the abysmal days of drinking.

Lpg 01-21-2018 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ForestFrenzy (Post 6755125)
I love loving sober weekends again.
When I was drinking I regretted losing that ability; I'd wake up woefully hung over and slept most the day away and would count the hours until it was a "reasonable" time to start drinking again. And all through hit I was miserable, caged in that miserable cell.
Thanks for this post. It's great to step back and look at how fulfilling my life is in comparison to the abysmal days of drinking.

Thank goodness we don't have to suffer like that anymore. I even enjoy waking up early on my days off now. Mondays used to be worse than Sundays the start of the working week going back to work looking like a prune! Phew glad that's behind me. No more cells just freedom!

Done4today 01-21-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lpg (Post 6755146)
Thank goodness we don't have to suffer like that anymore. I even enjoy waking up early on my days off now. Mondays used to be worse than Sundays the start of the working week going back to work looking like a prune! Phew glad that's behind me. No more cells just freedom!

Funny how we find out that we aren't really night owls.

:You_Rock_