Notices

A reminder of how bad things were.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A reminder of how bad things were.

I was going through some old boxes of clothes from last years winter. I live in southern California so “winter” doesn’t really happen here much but we are planning a camping trip in a few weeks so I needed them. I found SO MANY empty booze bottles hidden in there. I thought back to how I used to drink so much that I would have to hide the bottles in my closet so my husband wouldn’t see them in the recycling. What a sad stressful life I had. It made me feel a little better about my one time slip up on NYE. Having a few drinks was NOTHING compared to the amount of alcohol I used to consume. Now to cut it out completely.. I’m on day 5, I want this new year to be my forever alcohol free year.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 5 SIL. I've found empty beer cans long after I quit too, I know the feeling well. I used to have an old boat that was unused for years and I founds some empty cans I stashed in there when I drug it out of the woods to sell last summer - they were probably there for 5 years or longer. Made me remember too how sneaky I thought I was stashing/hiding my empties.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore, hope you can stick with us on SR in 2018.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you , I'm also new to SR and 2 days sober thus far. I cleaned up yesterday wanting a clean house for a fresh start and the amounts of bottles of vodka I found were sickening to me. I know you can do it and I'm hoping to be right there with everyone on here. Have a great day!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on quitting.

Man, I remember hiding the bottles (and little whine boxes) and the stress of worrying about whether my wife would find them.

You never need to worry about bottle hiding again!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too. I've been clean since January. I did not develop addiction so hopefully I can recover my health fully and change my life around. Best of luck to you too! Stick to it damn it!
Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i remember about a year ago i was cleaning out my freezer and i found a whole bottle of vodka that i had somehow missed and my family never saw. i dumped it out and remember getting nauseous from the smell. i can't believe i used to live on that s#it.