SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   2nd day of hangover (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/421179-2nd-day-hangover.html)

Lonewolf22 01-01-2018 09:32 PM

2nd day of hangover

2nd day of being hungover and not feeling strong at all.
Just feel scared and paranoid over the last few days of going mad with the drink.

Not to sound pathetic but I just wish I could be my brain and body over to professionals as I just feel so weak emotionally.

I'm just going to spend the rest of day sleeping and drinking water and hope once the hangover fades I will feel more courageous to tackle the drinking and to eventually venture outside and face the world and its folk lol

Stayingsassy 01-01-2018 09:54 PM

Your plan is solid. Eat, drink water, rest, hide. The drinking is done. Don't think about anything except not drinking. Shame won't help. Guilt won't help. Thinking too much about anything doesn't help.

Just don't drink. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Delizadee 01-01-2018 10:12 PM

Agree with Sassy, good plan. Also some mindless netflix or movies, or light reading, lots of water.
Maybe a warm bath would help, it always soothed me.
I hope this passes soon, I know it's not much fun.
Hang in there :hug:

Lonewolf22 01-01-2018 10:20 PM

Thank you :) I'm just scared of who might have seen when I was in a state. I remember little bits only vaguely. How do you guys deal with this? I am even scared to see the neighbours in case I have upset them.

Stayingsassy 01-01-2018 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 (Post 6730353)
Thank you :) I'm just scared of who might have seen when I was in a state. I remember little bits only vaguely. How do you guys deal with this? I am even scared to see the neighbours in case I have upset them.

I avoided everyone and they came to me and texted me to tell me what I did or said. At that point I apologized.

What's done is done. It's a terrible feeling. You'll have to work through your behavior in that blackout and if it was bad that process takes awhile, but the upside is you never have to have another blackout again.

Dee74 01-02-2018 12:48 AM

There are still whole years I don't remember let alone odd nights lonewolf.

You just have to accept that.

I got a little solace from the knowledge that I'll never have to deal with that again so long as I stay sober :)

D

ScottFromWI 01-02-2018 07:21 AM

It's quite normal to feel this way now and have anxiety about things we might have done/said. The best way to deal with it is first to quit drinking - which you have already done, so check that off the list!

Moving forward, time will help - especially sober time. There will certainly be bumps in the road, but showing people that you are determined to stay sober will help you regain their trust down the road.

TYG2 01-02-2018 09:54 PM

Well lonewolf you're in the right place here. I only have 8 sober days but I've felt just like you do probably fifty times. The anxiety of 'not knowing' is almost unbearable. Then the good old imagining starts...it's hell. Thank God you are alive and safe. Until the hangover is gone try not to dwell on the unknown. Take care of yourself. You've decided to quit. Right on! Once you've got that alcohol out your system you'll feel better each day. (This I needed to hear this over and over) luckily there is no shortage of great people on this site to help us. Point is I have been in your shoes way too many times. I binged on Netflix. Time...just time. Best of luck!

Cappy76 01-05-2018 12:07 AM

I know that feeling yet ive drank alone at home for so long ive kept mostly out of trouble, Bizarre what us Alcoholics will do to enable ourselves to be able to continue to drink, stay out of jail cos Booze is hard to get.
Yet last year during some bad binges on cask wine, I called ambulances, and ended up with 15 police at my house. This was quite a shocker.
I had a brawl with my neighbor once over trees growing over the fence and albeit he is a bit of a nasty person if I hadn't have been drunk that would not have happened.

Lonewolf22 01-05-2018 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by TYG2 (Post 6731738)
Well lonewolf you're in the right place here. I only have 8 sober days but I've felt just like you do probably fifty times. The anxiety of 'not knowing' is almost unbearable. Then the good old imagining starts...it's hell. Thank God you are alive and safe. Until the hangover is gone try not to dwell on the unknown. Take care of yourself. You've decided to quit. Right on! Once you've got that alcohol out your system you'll feel better each day. (This I needed to hear this over and over) luckily there is no shortage of great people on this site to help us. Point is I have been in your shoes way too many times. I binged on Netflix. Time...just time. Best of luck!

Good on you TY, good to know you are on the path forward :)
Yeah once the alcohol effects die down the dwelling on what has happened on nights of drinking seem to lessen too and I'm able to focus more on being practical. I think once you are sober the difficulty is the flashbacks and the reaction to think of picking up a drink but in comparison, I'd rather this than the constant torture of the morning after feeling, it's pure hell.

All the best on your recovery, have you seen the film 'Wild ' on Netflix yet? I thoroughly enjoyed it. That is about one woman's recovery.

Lonewolf22 01-05-2018 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cappy76 (Post 6734598)
I know that feeling yet ive drank alone at home for so long ive kept mostly out of trouble, Bizarre what us Alcoholics will do to enable ourselves to be able to continue to drink, stay out of jail cos Booze is hard to get.
Yet last year during some bad binges on cask wine, I called ambulances, and ended up with 15 police at my house. This was quite a shocker.
I had a brawl with my neighbor once over trees growing over the fence and albeit he is a bit of a nasty person if I hadn't have been drunk that would not have happened.

Aye, when you go out, you don't know whether someone is going to hurl abuse at you, attack you or mock you or anything. I have woke up in a cell umpteen times and never committed one crime while sober.

LadyBug66 01-05-2018 07:20 AM

All the best on your recovery, have you seen the film 'Wild ' on Netflix yet? I thoroughly enjoyed it. That is about one woman's recovery.[/QUOTE]

OMG! I have seen that movie and it's great!

LadyBug66 01-05-2018 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=Cappy76;6734598]I know that feeling yet ive drank alone at home for so long ive kept mostly out of trouble, Bizarre what us Alcoholics will do to enable ourselves to be able to continue to drink, stay out of jail cos Booze is hard to get.

I also would stay home and hide out while drinking. I have acquired new friends that would call me while I was in a drunk state and ask me to go out and of course I would be "Heck Yes!" Then the next day is when it sucked big time with not knowing what all I did and them laughing and telling me. :(

Lonewolf22 01-05-2018 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 (Post 6734943)
All the best on your recovery, have you seen the film 'Wild ' on Netflix yet? I thoroughly enjoyed it. That is about one woman's recovery.

OMG! I have seen that movie and it's great![/QUOTE]

It is great isn't it? What I liked about it was that nothing was exaggerated, it was spot on with the way it depicted the ups and downs of recovery. Like the cringe worthy flashbacks and the finding the strength to deal with it. I can't wait to get my backpack out like.

Cappy76 01-06-2018 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 (Post 6734719)
Aye, when you go out, you don't know whether someone is going to hurl abuse at you, attack you or mock you or anything. I have woke up in a cell umpteen times and never committed one crime while sober.

I can't even get into bars clubs ive been banned from so many they see me coming 500 meters away. I was always so drunk before I got there they never let me in anyway. Then I pushed the fact with large friends and got in only to get kicked out and arrested anyway. This was years ago though haven't even tried to go to any for at least 5 years.

Lonewolf22 01-06-2018 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cappy76 (Post 6735983)
I can't even get into bars clubs ive been banned from so many they see me coming 500 meters away. I was always so drunk before I got there they never let me in anyway. Then I pushed the fact with large friends and got in only to get kicked out and arrested anyway. This was years ago though haven't even tried to go to any for at least 5 years.

Lol, I know and you can spot that bouncers look from a mile off, that oh no not him again look lol
Aye I've only lived in this area just over half a year and banned from 3 pubs already. Nevermind got my sites on better things now. I just trying to be patient until I get antabuse. Like even today I'm deliberating whether to take dog out or not, just because I might end up drinking. I feel comfortable now going out but it's just when I'm out and how quickly it can spiral.

Cappy76 01-06-2018 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 (Post 6736056)
Lol, I know and you can spot that bouncers look from a mile off, that oh no not him again look lol
Aye I've only lived in this area just over half a year and banned from 3 pubs already. Nevermind got my sites on better things now. I just trying to be patient until I get antabuse. Like even today I'm deliberating whether to take dog out or not, just because I might end up drinking. I feel comfortable now going out but it's just when I'm out and how quickly it can spiral.

Its funny isn't it lol back in the days of Bill and Dr Bob our behavior would have been considered usual! Now you go in you have 2 beers you get kicked out! Im ok with it though as I want to stop drinking I don't hate alcohol but realize there is many people who think they are ok. Who are actual alcoholics. Although I will never push that with them they have to figure this out for themselves.

wiscsober 01-06-2018 02:56 AM

lone wolf thank you

Cappy76 01-06-2018 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lonewolf22 (Post 6736056)
I just trying to be patient until I get antabuse.

Be careful of that dude it can seriously wreck your liver. And yours is probably already not that great. Acromprosate would be a better alternative although it is used for cravings after you have detoxed and want to get sober. Its not a magic pill. Ive read some stories of people who were going to AA and couldn't understand it, they wanted to be sober but just couldn't get AA. Then they took acomprosate for a few weeks and they said it helped them understand wtf AA was about. It helped them with the mental fog.

Lonewolf22 01-06-2018 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cappy76 (Post 6736063)
Its funny isn't it lol back in the days of Bill and Dr Bob our behavior would have been considered usual! Now you go in you have 2 beers you get kicked out! Im ok with it though as I want to stop drinking I don't hate alcohol but realize there is many people who think they are ok. Who are actual alcoholics. Although I will never push that with them they have to figure this out for themselves.

Well I don't hate alcohol at all. I love it but the idea I can go out and control my drink and wake up think by what a good night it was last night, is just impossible. Plus the hangovers last me days.

Yeah I think people frown upon anything that is wild these days. It annoys me but I won't get into insulting other groups of people in society lol
But I just think in this day and age we have no outlet for anything instinctual or impulsive, everything diverts it to either something destructive or it is shamed upon.

I think some people drink a lot but aren't reliant on it but then there are people that drink and probably are alcoholics but they still seem to drink in moderation just often.

How you today anyone?