Notices

Struggling to stop drinking

Old 01-01-2018, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling to stop drinking

I'm really struggling at the moment with trying to stop drinking. It's getting to the point I no longer want to go out the house because I know I'll end up drinking.

Woke up today too rough to go to the shop and get some beers which I've been craving all day.

Just embarrassed and full of shame about my drunkenness antics lately.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Lonewolf. If you want to stop drinking you have found the right place. Read around and you will find lots of advice about how to get started. For me, I needed to take it one hour and then one day at a time.
Best wishes
DS
Old 01-01-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you joined us, Lonewolf. You found a friendly place where everyone understands what you're going through.

I wish I'd reached out for help many years ago. I kept trying to control the amounts I drank - tried to be a social drinker when I knew it was impossible. I thought I'd be missing out on so much - and refused to admit it wasn't even fun anymore. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed - be proud of yourself for taking charge of your life. You can do this.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcoming messages guys.
Yes I feel I need to use this forum for reassurance and just having people who understand as I don't have a social life in my life.
I need to get the drinking sorted it's just becoming too much waking up not knowing what I've done and not wanting to bump into neighbours in case they've seen me when I've been in a drunken state.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

We all have come to realize that being drunk and all the crap that goes along with it (the blackouts, the embarrassment, the lies, the shame, the hiding, etc.) is no way to live.
Glad you have decided to give sober living an honest effort. We are all here to support you!
Old 01-01-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome lonewolf

joining here made all the difference for me - I think even lone wolves need support

D
Old 01-01-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you very much for the kind replies.

Yes I very much need some supportive people to lean on at this time in my life. I have very little control over my addiction at the moment and I need to start putting things in place so I'm able to feel in control abit more.

It's getting very tiring and it is great to see a warm and supportive online environment like this site where I know I can come to