Notices

Living with an alcoholic

Old 12-28-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m worried. I just got married a couple months ago. The two of us had a blast in the year and half we saw each other before we got married, mostly while drinking. I’ve been extremely honest with him about my reservations about continuing to drink the way I have. Tried to moderate, obviously that didn’t work for me. I’m on day 11 btw. I know this is dumb, but I’m worried he won’t think I’m fun anymore. I’m going to try not to let that affect me, but it is there even though he’s said he’s proud of me and he loves me sober. Is there any chance he’ll see me, hopefully happily sober and want to change himself? I know no one can answer that question. Anyone out there have that happen though?
Old 12-28-2017, 02:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magpie82 View Post
I’m worried. I just got married a couple months ago. The two of us had a blast in the year and half we saw each other before we got married, mostly while drinking. I’ve been extremely honest with him about my reservations about continuing to drink the way I have. Tried to moderate, obviously that didn’t work for me. I’m on day 11 btw. I know this is dumb, but I’m worried he won’t think I’m fun anymore. I’m going to try not to let that affect me, but it is there even though he’s said he’s proud of me and he loves me sober. Is there any chance he’ll see me, hopefully happily sober and want to change himself? I know no one can answer that question. Anyone out there have that happen though?
it's a valid worry. Sobriety changes everything. But the fun part of you doesn't have to go away. It may just take some time to find her again. The alternative is worse and with time continued abusive drinking is anything but fun.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks sassy. I love him but I’ve got to love myself more. I hope it’ll all work out. I don’t think he’s as bad off as me, but I know it’s progressive. It would just be so cool if he wanted sobriety too. Maybe he does, I don’t know I haven’t asked him. And I won’t either. Maybe he’ll just see how fabulous I am sober and decide that’s what he wants for himself. We’ll see I guess! Thanks for the input.