Notices

Day 1

Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Nothing else I can say. Just putting out a "day one" to hold myself accountable.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Put all your effort into making this your last day one.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Put all your effort into making this your last day one.
Thank you. Dear god I hope.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's not about hope. It's about Faith.

You absolutely can do it.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sohard, in my experience, it is ALL about hope. If you’ve got faith as well, good, but you don’t need faith as well, because, in my experience, HOPE is absolutely good enough: hugs and hope to you!
Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back sohard. Hope can certainly be helpful, but you also might want to consider taking some concrete steps/action to make this your last day 1. Have you considered what you might do differently this time?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep going sohard, I know it's rough but it's worth it.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just keep trying. Take it one day at a time!
Old 12-10-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day one - much better than giving up and not trying. Sohard - you will do this yet - we know you can.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi so hard. Make it your last day one.

Just be DONE. No matter how hard it gets. Power through. It won’t be constantly hard. Sometimes it will feel easy, sometimes it will feel like a relief, and sometimes yes you will gut it the heck out!

You don’t know how many more day ones you have in you, with the kind of withdrawals you have now, you have a serious problem. It’s time to quit.

Acceptance that you can’t safely drink again is important. Review all your attempts to quit and think about this, carefully. None of them worked because you did not reach acceptance. You let yourself get talked into it, lied to, coerced by the addicted part of your brain. Don’t let that voice win! It lies. If you must, think of it as demonic possession. Starve the demon. When you drink, it gets fed.....
Old 12-10-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought of what your action plan might be this time so hard? What you might do differently?

D
Old 12-10-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Hi so hard. Make it your last day one.

Just be DONE. No matter how hard it gets. Power through. It won’t be constantly hard. Sometimes it will feel easy, sometimes it will feel like a relief, and sometimes yes you will gut it the heck out!

You don’t know how many more day ones you have in you, with the kind of withdrawals you have now, you have a serious problem. It’s time to quit.

Acceptance that you can’t safely drink again is important. Review all your attempts to quit and think about this, carefully. None of them worked because you did not reach acceptance. You let yourself get talked into it, lied to, coerced by the addicted part of your brain. Don’t let that voice win! It lies. If you must, think of it as demonic possession. Starve the demon. When you drink, it gets fed.....
That reply really helped me.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful

Keep at it Sohard. An old friend of mine that I met in AA was asked to say a few words when he picked up his 1 year chip at a meeting we both attended. He said that he had picked up so many white chips (that they give out to new people or those coming back from a relapse) that he could tile his entire bathroom walls with them. But he kept trying and he finally sorted himself out. You can do this...we can help!
Old 12-10-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your support. Dee and Scott - as far as an action plan/concrete steps, I think what was missing which was key was commitment. I THOUGHT I was committed, but in hindsight I don't think I was. Not to get into it, but my last night I drank I did something which really put me in danger and scared the hell out of me. It was, I hope and believe, the wake-up call I needed. My plan is still to see a therapist, continue prozac, continue reading up on addiction, and continue on SR. No AA, for now. I don't know why. But, I really do like the AVRT information I've been reading about. It speaks to me, for some reason. These are my thoughts, for now. I don't want a tragedy to occur and to be left realizing that I KNEW it was upcoming, but I kept drinking and allowed it to come. I just know that bad things are right around the corner if I don't stop right now. I mean this very second. Because things are just getting out of control and I feel the car of my life skidding on ice. I think I'm scared enough now. I just need to REMAIN scared.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your support. Dee and Scott - as far as an action plan/concrete steps, I think what was missing which was key was commitment. I THOUGHT I was committed, but in hindsight I don't think I was. Not to get into it, but my last night I drank I did something which really put me in danger and scared the hell out of me. It was, I hope and believe, the wake-up call I needed. My plan is still to see a therapist, continue prozac, continue reading up on addiction, and continue on SR. No AA, for now. I don't know why. But, I really do like the AVRT information I've been reading about. It speaks to me, for some reason. These are my thoughts, for now. I don't want a tragedy to occur and to be left realizing that I KNEW it was upcoming, but I kept drinking and allowed it to come. I just know that bad things are right around the corner if I don't stop right now. I mean this very second. Because things are just getting out of control and I feel the car of my life skidding on ice. I think I'm scared enough now. I just need to REMAIN scared.
. I’m worried about you, sohard. Do you have support at home, or do you live alone? I was always “rescued” here and there because I had people enabling me...but I worry about you relapsing alone, especially if you’re putting yourself in danger when you drink and your withdrawals are getting scary.

I love avrt, but I think for you group support would be good for you, give you some people you could lean on. Just a thought. I don’t believe avrt and group therapy (in its various forms) rule each other out ?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi, Sohard. Day 2 here, and so very, very angry and disappointing with myself. 47 days and then a 4 day binge; 7 days ans another 6 day binge.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lpg

Keep going and better days will come. It's not easy but I can tell you it's worth it, I'm only one month in and already feeling the benefits.

AA has helped me alot so far maybe trying a meeting might be good for you too?

Lpg
Old 12-11-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sohard,

Keep on trying it will stick. You will get it. Just don't give up.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome back.
Well done for putting it out there.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Welcome back sohard. Hope can certainly be helpful, but you also might want to consider taking some concrete steps/action to make this your last day 1. Have you considered what you might do differently this time?
Glad you are back, and ditto what Scott said.

You can CHOOSE to make this your last day one, and let hope and faith follow that decision.