Notices

Did anyone else have this withdrawal symptom?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m glad to know this is a symptom others experienced. Luckily I had a few Xanax so I’ve been taking one at night to help but I’m still not sleeping great. Exactly what others described. I fall asleep and wake up at 3 am and can’t go back to sleep. I just lay in bed until my alarm goes off at 6. I hope it ends soon, I’m exhausted and dragging through my days.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The good news is that after you get through this, which I know is terrible, you will sleep better than EVER. At least me and most of my sober friends do.

Re the Xanax, be careful it is HIGHLY addicting itself, but if you are going to do it, why not split the pill and take the other half when you wake up in the middle of the night.

Please don't drink over it, in the end your sleep won't just be back to normal, it will be great, which you must need with your children.

Three under 6 is tough, hang in, soon enough they will all be in school and it will be easier.

Are there more things your husband could help with?

I found that if thought creatively, instead of my usual mode of resentfully, I could think of small steps that helped.

Just know that drinking is not an option that will help, EVER.

Accepting the finality of drinking was for me the thing that made the click.

I am addicted to alcohol and therefore I cannot drink ever. Once I fully accepted that emotionally, I could move forward.

Not easy, its not easy, but I could do it.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You got this!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It should get better Sickinlove, but please don't rule out getting some medical advice if it persists too long.

As Dropsie mentioned, be VERY careful with Xanax. Benzos are highly addictive and function in your brain a lot like Alcohol does, and taking them to facilitate sleep is a very slippery slope to be on. I am assuming that they were prescribed to you by a doctor for something, I would recommend contacting them at least via phone to explain the situation.