Notices

My cat died

Old 12-03-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh no!

Sorry I don't have any words other than I agree with everyone here.....I get along with animals better than with humans, so I understand how attached we get ~ I'm glad you came here and posted....stay close!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredikklegoth View Post
I was already really struggling so for this to happen on top just makes me feel like giving up. On everything. I can't stop thinking about him and finding him like that. I loved him so much and now he's just dead. I don't know what to do now. I was already stuck in this flat day in and day out, alone most of the time except for having him to snuggle and talk to. I can't cope with this ****.
I’m very sorry for your loss. It’s heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet, and I know you were already stressed with life.

Take care of you, and if you can’t manage that? Take care of that little one inside you. You won’t be alone for long. Soon, you will have a child in your arms to soothe and sing to, it’s wonderful. I know everyone talks about how having children is stressful but it’s also really beautiful, too.

Consider attending an aa meeting. The people are so kind and welcoming, it will be less lonely for you, there are lots of people there who will want to befriend and mentor you in your sobriety. I know we all like to put AA in a box but it fills several roles, not just one. Something to think about.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

When my beloved dog died in my arms I felt grateful to be sober despite the pain. He deserved real mourning and, sober, I could give him that.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry you lost your little buddy. You've got to hold on to sobriety, especially now. Only time will lessen the pain...
Old 12-03-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I am not these thoughts - I am the Master of these thoughts.

My sincerest hugs and empathy; I have lost more than one pet and I have loved them each for their own dear and gentle characters.
Try not to relive the moment of discovering him; there's no gain to be had there. Every time you feel your mind wander there, respond instead with a happy memory you shared. It's a better way to grieve him. Grieving is natural and has a purpose. Don't fight it and don't drink it away. Like Dee said, you will only leave the wound raw.
Stay here with us and write all you need.
HUGS.
ForestFrenzy
Old 12-03-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know booze wouldn't help and I'm glad I didn't give in last night. It was just so awful. I've lost cats before (it hasn't even been two years since I lost my ginger tom. I'm still grieving him and now this) but never in seconds like that. I was just bawling and yelling his name and shaking him. I can't even go to sleep because I just see him every time I close my eyes. I love my cats like they're my children. I'm not sure I can have one again after this.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I am not these thoughts - I am the Master of these thoughts.

It's going to take some time, dear Goth. Let the tears flow and accept that the first few days and nights will be especially hard.
There are no words to describe the feeling after losing a beloved pet. It's unique and utterly eery and awful.
Death is part of life and even when we simply feel we can't, we have to make room for it in our lives and learn to cope.
You've overcome grief before and you will again here, too. But with more people who care for you and your well-being, right here on SR.

When my two fur babies passed last year (one on Christmas morning) my mom shared a really nice thought with me. She said that as they left this life, they were born into another, ready to give their love and joy to another. She said to say a prayer (whatever your beliefs are) that they found their way into the arms of someone as loving and appreciative of them as I had been.
May the find the same love, warmth and care you showered them in, in their next life.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm just trying not to think about it because it makes my heart hurt and I hate it.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's a very difficult time scared, coming here to talk it through is a good thing. You will have lots of good memories to share too, the initial shock just takes some time to get over. I'm glad you didn't drink either...stay close to SR!
Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We buried him. My partner was sobbing in my arms earlier. He only ever cries when we lose an animal and once when he was worried about me because of my drinking. I hate to see him so upset. I keep crying and having to pull myself together. I hate this so much. I miss my baby.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Oh no!

Sorry I don't have any words other than I agree with everyone here.....I get along with animals better than with humans, so I understand how attached we get ~ I'm glad you came here and posted....stay close!
I suspect that people (like myself) who grew up in very dysfunctional and cold family environments tend to dote on animals more than most people do.

We have a dog, multiple cats, donkeys and cattle (even some pet ones).

I feed birds and squirrels.

If i could, i would have a dog barn at our farm and have 30 or 40 of them.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

How are you, le'goth?

Thinking of you.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Keeping busy so I don't think about as it hurts too much. I'm holding up. Thanks for checking on me
Old 12-08-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Staying busy is good. Take care of you, too. Rest; eat well; get some fresh air.

We are always here for you, le'goth.

Hope that you sleep well tonight.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Im sorry for the loss of your sweet furbaby. I, too , have lived and lost many.
Please take care of yourself. You can get through this, and we are here to support each other, especially in times like this.
Crying is a natural healer, and nothing to be afraid of. Embrace your feelings, and work through them.

there is no doubt a little one out there who needs some love. Dont be surprised when your sweet boy guides one to you.

Hang tough....it hurts a lot, because you love a lot.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. When my horse died I obliterated my feelings with alcohol and I feel very guilty now, because I barely remember his last day and the days afterwards. He deserved better than that. Big hugs xxx
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry for your loss, Scared. I too am an animal mum and they’re my children. When I lost my last sweet cat son, I was so lost. Then someone bought me a gorgeous canvas print of him in his prime, and somehow, looking at the print of him in his better days, and reminiscing about the good times, slowly began to ease my grief.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for all your losses. I hate that animals don't get to live as long as we do because it's so unfair and so hard to lose them. I'm sure we will adopt another fuzzy down the line but I need time to heal and have this baby first.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Im so sorry for your loss. I know how that feels. My little girls...(cats)... Phoebe and Moxie passed in an apartment fire a few years ago. It was horrible. Im so so sorry....