Notices

Life is a bitter disappointment

Old 12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Glad you were able to see the Doctor & hope getting back on your meds helps you to feel better.

I mostly do SMART & I'm not working a 12-Step program, but I go to NA/CA now & then for the fellowship. I don't agree with some of what's said, but it doesn't do me any harm to be around people who are focused on sobriety & to get out of the house for a few hours.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Glad you were able to see the Doctor & hope getting back on your meds helps you to feel better.

I mostly do SMART & I'm not working a 12-Step program, but I go to NA/CA now & then for the fellowship. I don't agree with some of what's said, but it doesn't do me any harm to be around people who are focused on sobriety & to get out of the house for a few hours.
Yeah, getting out of the house and staying busy seems to be very important. I've been meaning to go to a meeting but I still haven't got around to it. Not sure why I'm stalling but I need to get on it as the cravings are really getting bad and I might have given in if it wasn't for the baby and how disappointed in me my partner would be.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad you got to the doctor. The first few months of quitting can be hellish for some of us. It does get easier.....
Support to you.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You're definitely not alone!

I'm 105 days in and honestly today I felt exactly how you described. I felt like life is nothing but monotonous torture sober. I get into very dangerous angry depressions where I'm just mad about being sober when I need to stop and remember why I got sober.

I also need to see a psychiatrist because all the years I smoked pot and drank alcohol was just me self medicating my severe anxiety, OCD and bipolar disorders.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calvinm16 View Post
You're definitely not alone!

I'm 105 days in and honestly today I felt exactly how you described. I felt like life is nothing but monotonous torture sober. I get into very dangerous angry depressions where I'm just mad about being sober when I need to stop and remember why I got sober.

I also need to see a psychiatrist because all the years I smoked pot and drank alcohol was just me self medicating my severe anxiety, OCD and bipolar disorders.
I totally understand that as I've been self medicating for my body, depression and anxiety. In fact that's what kicked off the worst of my alcoholism (although I think I was always going to stagger down this road) so dealing with these awful feelings while sober is new and trying.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I was just down for awhile until my dopamine recalibrated.

The alcohol had been my "up" for so long, it took time and healing
for my body to begin to manufacture the needed hormones.

This is pretty common for many
Hang in there
This succinctly states the reality of the situation.

Brain chemistry fluctuations can be a real pain in the neck sometimes.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I hear ya, Depersonalization, anxiety and depression have been clouding me lately. Just yesterday I was having out of body experiences where I was walking but could see myself in 3rd person moving around doing things. It was pretty trippy. These symptoms and feelings have been much less prominent in the last month or so of my 106 days off the booze.

Early recovery your brain will play some seriously weird tricks on you. I'm experiencing it now. Today I feel better than yesterday but that is how it works. We heal & adapt and the only way to continue healing is to stay sober.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

As one who has been treated for depression for three decades, it sounds like what I call "Depression Think". Please see your doctor who can make a huge change in your worldview. I promise it will get better.