Notices

97 days

Old 11-28-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

97 days

Today is day 97 for me! I have gone for 2 and 1/2 months to Celebrate Recovery meetings weekly at my church and do a weekly step study program. I am not having a desire to go back to the way I was and love sobriety. However, I have never been to an AA meeting and don't have a desire to do so. I have a temporary sponsor through CR, she has a lot on her plate plus 2 sponsees so we are trying it out and see how it goes. I really don't feel great about having to report to a sponsor, maybe I am too independent. I rarely have cravings and now I am starting to feel overwhelmed at multiple meetings. I have mainly focused on myself and the issues that caused my addiction. I sometimes feel like there is more I should do but I always hear everyone's journey with recovery is different. Any advice is appreciated =)
Old 11-28-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That's great. Sounds like you're doing very well.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Xtina

I'd rather do more than was required than not enough....but you're the final arbiter on whats good for you.

Have you raised you're feeling burned out with your sponsor?
How many are 'multiple meetings"?

D
Old 11-29-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Soberado

Hi Xtina,
I'm knocking at the door of nine months sober and did not do AA for any particular reason, I just didn't. My support group consisted of SR, my wife, a positive attitude and daily self affirmations that I can beat this monster. AA is a great program and I'm considering attending meetings so I can hopefully help someone out. One size does not fit all so keep doing what works for you, I don't think there is a right or wrong approach.

Congrats on the 97 days and many more.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I am not these thoughts - I am the Master of these thoughts.

I admire that despite you having some reservations, you are prepared to step outside of your comfort zone, for the sake of fortifying your sobriety.

I did 3 years without any sort of supportive group and wish I had - maybe I wouldn't be back at 23 days. I, too, am independent and don't like stepping into a group full of strangers, even if it's only initial.

You're an inspiration. Congratulations on reaching new strides in sobriety.