Notices

Woke up feeling hungover

Old 11-19-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Woke up feeling hungover

Morning folks
Last night I I didn't drink and I actually woke up feeling as though I have a slight hangover. How is that even possible. I ate myself silly last night as I think it was helping me deal with any cravings so maybe this is a food hangover.

Friends kept messaging me asking if I was drinking then when I said I wasn't they went on to tell me they where drinking and what their drink of choice for the evening was. Not sure how to go about changing these types of conversations as it's my normal kind of talk with friends and I haven't told them I HAVE to stop. I'm so glad I have SR as I read lots on here last night. It's the first page I load in the morning and last before bed.

Going to try my second meeting tonight and I'm nervous about that again.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you got through day 1😀
Old 11-19-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
Glad to hear you got through day 1😀
Thank you, I have one week now my last drink was 4am last Sunday or there abouts can remember too much. I'm trying not to focus on the amount of days right now. Although I have downloaded a soberity counter.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some times dehydration can feel a lot like being hungover too - too much coffee etc?

D
Old 11-19-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did you eat a lot of sugar, Lpg? If so - it's what we call a sugar-hangover. Typical when you stop alcohol and compensate with lots of sugar. Livers don't like sugar either, but it's still a lot better than alcohol.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lpg

Good point guys. I did eat alot of sugar last night before bed, and alot of salt aswell. I defo over indulged last night, ice cream crisps McDonald's nuggets and that was all after dinner 🙊
I didn't eat at all last weekend so I think I was trying to make up for that. Maybe need to go easy on the eating.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a food hangover for sure. As for your friends, perhaps it's time to tell the closest ones? I know it's difficult but that sort of talk sounds like it's making things harder for you.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Hi Lpg,

I'm guessing that you're in early sobriety? I remember in the first few weeks I had some mornings and entire days where I felt 'hungover', even thought I hadn't had a drop to drink. As others mentioned it could've been too much sugar, or maybe even PAWS symptoms.

Although it's never great feeling lousy, I remember being to GRATEFUL that it wasn't a real hangover.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
Hi Lpg,

I'm guessing that you're in early sobriety? I remember in the first few weeks I had some mornings and entire days where I felt 'hungover', even thought I hadn't had a drop to drink. As others mentioned it could've been too much sugar, or maybe even PAWS symptoms.

Although it's never great feeling lousy, I remember being to GRATEFUL that it wasn't a real hangover.
Hey shortstop

Yes very early days. Trying to drink plenty water today. Can I just ask what is PAWS I've never heard of it before?

And I'm super grateful thay I know I didn't commit and embarrassing acts last night/today. I'm much rather take this anyday.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awoke feeling very depressed - early sobriety is extremely hard!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Awoke feeling very depressed - early sobriety is extremely hard!
I Hope you feel better soon. I hear ya it's a whole new ball game.

About to take myself a long walk clear the mind.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
I Hope you feel better soon. I hear ya it's a whole new ball game.

About to take myself a long walk clear the mind.
also I'd like to add I'd feel a whole lot more down if I was to drink. Iv had an idea this morning to make a photo album of some of my happiest sober times as a reminder to keep doing it...
Old 11-19-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I woke up with a hangover every single morning for 27 years.

During my last 13 months of sobriety I can probably count on one hand how many times I felt good when I woke up.

Yes, the mornings are better now than they were in early sobriety but I feel I still have a long way to - or who knows this might be the best it will ever be.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It changes. The first month is very hard. Please hang in there, I’m finishing up month 2 and things are much better.

I’ll never do month one again, thank god.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lpg

Feeling alot better this evening went a nice long walk, drank loads of water, did the food shop (healthy-ish) 🙊 seen my mum who u haven't seen since my last binge, and it was great she always treats me the same. Feeling optimistic.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Thank you, I have one week now my last drink was 4am last Sunday or there abouts can remember too much. I'm trying not to focus on the amount of days right now. Although I have downloaded a soberity counter.
That’s great! Glad to hear you had a better evening. I find walks and lots of non-caffeinated drinks really help me too😀
Old 11-19-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lpg

The walk really did help being outdoors getting fresh air, it's so nice when you normally hide at home ☺
Considering rejoining the gym, have a feeling the next few weeks will be tough as I'm meant to have a party night for Xmas but plan to stay home instead so gym might give me some purpose to keep my mind busy.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Samantha

For me it usually is a good hangover. Or it could be stress/anxiety as well. That always makes me feel sick.
But everyone is different .
Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Your body is detoxing. It's normal. I was agitated for 3 to 6 months. Woke up feeling just weird. I didn't know what to expect each morning. But it got better. Way better. My body and mind went thru 3 years of changes. It takes time. So I'm coming up on year 5. I'll be honest with you. I don't even remember what a hangover feels like. All I know is, their gone.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks guys think its possibly detox, eating more than usual cos when I'm drinking I usually barely eat so I think my body is in shock from everything. I'm quite thin and have low bmi for my ages and height so over eating (full tube of milky buttons last night) my body just ain't used to it. Still feeling it this morning it's such a weird feeling. I was super super sick last week when I put down the drink so I don't know if my body is just out of whack.
Keeping strong I know it will get better and I do feel better regardless of feeling abit off.