Notices

Woke up feeling hungover

Old 11-20-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
Your body is detoxing. It's normal. I was agitated for 3 to 6 months. Woke up feeling just weird. I didn't know what to expect each morning. But it got better. Way better. My body and mind went thru 3 years of changes. It takes time. So I'm coming up on year 5. I'll be honest with you. I don't even remember what a hangover feels like. All I know is, their gone.
Well done for 5 years ☺
Old 11-20-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Hey shortstop

Yes very early days. Trying to drink plenty water today. Can I just ask what is PAWS I've never heard of it before?

And I'm super grateful thay I know I didn't commit and embarrassing acts last night/today. I'm much rather take this anyday.
It stands for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, which are a set of symptoms which some alcoholics experience in the months following their acute withdrawal phase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-a...rawal_syndrome
Old 11-20-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
It stands for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, which are a set of symptoms which some alcoholics experience in the months following their acute withdrawal phase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-a...rawal_syndrome
Thank you. Makes sense as I was heavily using cocaine aswell. I've spent this whole time thinking I have anxiety and that's why I use and drink to feel better but I think I had anxiety because I used and drank. I guess I started at such an early age I don't remember what I felt like before. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
I've spent this whole time thinking I have anxiety and that's why I use and drink to feel better but I think I had anxiety because I used and drank. .
I was stuck in that cycle of logic ( illogic? ) for quite some time too. Turns out it really didn't matter which one was cause by which for me, I had both problems ( Addiction AND Anxiety ) and I needed to address both in separate and distinct ways.

I certainly think there was a link between the 2 for me, and they both fed off each other - but at the end of the day I had to fix both problems. AKA - even if anxiety was the cause of my addiction, quitting drinking did not fix it.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hang in there lpg. I felt crummy for days and even a couple of weeks after I stopped I felt blah. Hang on and hang in there. You won't regret it!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lpg

Hanging in there I feel loads better today. And I had a great bit of news today iv finally reached the top of the waiting list for counselling and I've been waiting a year, I really needed that today as I think this will help me hugly in my recovery I think.