Notices

Withdrawal from Alcohol story cold turkey

Old 11-01-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal from Alcohol story cold turkey

Well to start I went to recovery for drinking two years ago after drinking heavily for 6 years. 3-4 mounts back I started again and it didn't take long before I was drinking a 5th a day. And some how I was still holding a job 6 days a week. I quite my job, Broke up with the girlfriend who was also a heavy drinker and went to my dads for help. I gave him my keys and wallet and told him to please not give them back for 4 days. Then went to my bed room put a trash can next to the bed passed out I was drunk at that point and well waited for it.

Day 1- I had a vary upset stomach and diarrhea was throwing up Head hurt and you know hang over feelings most of the day till around 6pm. I still had all the the above feeling but now I was shaking and ears would ring and I would get hot flashes. I got 0 Hours of sleep into day two.

Day 2- At this point I had a lot of anxiety but was not throwing up just nauseous.Had some of the worst diarrhea I have ever had. But the hot flashes turned to sweating. like needed to change my sheets sweating and feeling almost feaverish. I would randomly twitch in the legs some times. Had a lot of stomach pain on my left side by my ribs which only added to my stress after googling symptoms. By late afternoon I had to try to get up and at least do sometime so I put my sheets in the wash and was able to eat some crackers and get some water and gatorade in me but my legs where like rubber and my vision was not right and would have ringing in my ears on and off for short times. I did not sleep at all this night to.

Day 3- Things started to get kind of scary. Still had really bad diarrhea.
But I was vary shaky all over. I kept trying to sleep but would kinda sleep for a few minutes at a time and have almost a nightmare type dream. I would hear sounds like I got a text on my phone but did not. I thought someone called my name a few times and I would respond but after getting up and investigating no one was home. And would get like a crawling like feeling sometime in my bed. I heared some other strange sounds to. I turned on a movie on my computer in a attempt to distract me from all this.

Day 4- I fell a sleep at 3:30am after taking a few melatonin (the only med. I used for the detox) and woke up around 8:00am I still had diarrhea and most of the symptoms above but I was able to get up and make a coffee and eat my 1st kind of meal in days. I got out of bed got cleaned up and went to my 1st AA meeting. I was definitely out of it at the meeting and was still getting random sweats but I did it! I made It. was new so everyone wanted to talk to me and I was not really in the best shape for a long detailed talk and really foggy in the head.

Day 5- Well its 1:03am Right not so I guess this is day 5? Feeling Much better have eaten a lot folded my clothes and you know looking up recovery stuff and looking for a new and better job. But it feels great to beat once again sometime that makes me feel so hopeless and makes me do soooo much dump stuff. My hands still slightly shake but Im sure the will clear up over the next few days!

Hope this helps someone!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Wow! I think I got off lightly with my last drink. But I did the same thing as you. As soon as I was able, which was day one for me, I went to a meeting. Never looked back

BTW, just going to the meeting didn't fix my problem, but it did show me what I had to do.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Jwal.

Congratulations on day 5 and mustering up the courage to go to your dad's and quit the drinking. You are well on your way to a life without anxiety, stress, panic, negative outcomes, depressing days and weeks. Keep these good days steady and keep posting.

If you're going through hell, keep going. -- Winston Churchill
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys had a crazy few days but feeling much better and vary optimistic
Old 11-02-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi jwal616p. I'm so pleased you're over the worst of the acute withdrawal. Gosh it took me straight back to my last withdrawal which didn't really subside until day 7. Please use this time to look after yourself as much as you can. The memories of this time will serve as a good deterrent for a while but not forever. I know it's a cliché but it is very important to accept that this is it now. Alcohol isn't an option for us anymore. Not even one little sip.
And hey guess what? You never have to go through that ever again. Amazing or what? xxx
Old 11-02-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi jwal616p. I'm so pleased you're over the worst of the acute withdrawal. Gosh it took me straight back to my last withdrawal which didn't really subside until day 7. Please use this time to look after yourself as much as you can. The memories of this time will serve as a good deterrent for a while but not forever. I know it's a cliché but it is very important to accept that this is it now. Alcohol isn't an option for us anymore. Not even one little sip.
And hey guess what? You never have to go through that ever again. Amazing or what? xxx
yeah still not %100 but better then before! Out of bed doing stuff...with shaky hands but you know... thank you!