Notices

Day 5

Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Woke up late and no screaming AV this morning, but there are some rumblings and scheming of when the next 'celebration' is going to be. My AV thinks it could even be today. - the longer i am stuck inside the worse it gets, waiting for a repair person that was supposed to be show up at 9am.

the sun is shining in my windows, cat meowing loudly at me to pet him, pour water in the tub for him, feed him. I think he may be my furry AV. now he's drinking water out of the watering can his head jammed into the hole below the handle looks like he's drinking out of a well. that was his party - now he's napping post orgasmic morning routine.

it's cold here or cool maybe 50F but sunny.

the walk yesterday was considerably better than a few days ago, walking up the hill didn't feel as much like a tractor loosing hydralic fluid under pressure. So another long walk is in order today, maybe the driving range as well. cold and windy by the lake today.

if the AV starts screaming at me again i will jam another subway submarine down the pie hole... LOL.

that always shuts the AV and me up for a few hours after.

hey millenials one sentences are not a paragraph. thanks twitter. more non sequitors coming . . .

Old 10-30-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your doing great Bob.....Onward! Enjoy your walk!
Old 10-30-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats, keep going!
Old 10-30-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Suddenly cloudy

As soon as I got to the park the dark sheeps wool clouds moved in and the winds picked up. Harumph!

Holy crap, I walked half way up the 116 steps before I stopped to rest, and the truth is I probably didn't have to stop to rest I was just being safe. What a HUGE difference 5 days makes. It's like a 500% improvement in blood circulation.

The dark clouds and wind contributed to my tiredness, grumpiness, and AV of course. The clouds are so dark I think I'm being chased by a Gordon Lightfoot song. Harr Harr...

Walking thru the trees on the well worn path breathing in the fresh cool air I was not feeling the warm cosy glow of not drinking instead, I was feeling the waves of cravings and the AV thoughts , looking down at the dirt I just realized that the booze is responsible for messing up my mind. instead of regular *clear* thinking about stuff I have to do, chores, tasks, goals etc... this dark omnipresent thought is always there the task is get some beers and a pack of smokes, that is the winning thought.

A few celery stalks and a sammich and a glass of milk and the AV has shut up. Maybe a nap and go out again ...

There is a lot of pressure to figure out what the frig I'm going to do for income. And more than likely I will have to move from my home base of 25 years... ugh

8 hours till pillow time.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep going Bob.. you are doing great!
Old 10-30-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

whew, made it thru day 5

the Tricky AV almost had me beat once again but simple food kicked its ass to the curb.

at the end of the day there are no urges to smoke and drink just looking forward to sleep.

Tomorrow i will walk up the 116 stairs faster.
Tomorrow my AV will scream like a spoiled child
Tomorrow i will have to eat a small horde to fend it off

thanks all for chiming in and helping out.

maybe a few more weeks of this crap and i will be out of the worst part of quitting.

__MY AV___ ME___
Old 10-31-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes - the crap is only temporary. Keep it day by day and it will get better. PROUD OF YOU!