Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Tiredness. Oh wait, I meant bone crushing fatigue

Notices

Tiredness. Oh wait, I meant bone crushing fatigue

Old 10-25-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
There's no magic cure. Some of this stuff I just have to gut out. Walk it off sport.
Gutting it out all day every day. I have no alcohol cravings (cravings I think are mostly when you crack open the door, and mine is locked) but the physical drag down isn’t fun, I notice it in the gym too which sucks, but no one said it would be a picnic!

It will get better.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
About 5 weeks. This also isn'y my first time 'round this merry-go-round, so I'm at least familiar with the symptoms.

I remember about 2 years ago I had also gotten sober and was experiencing extreme dizziness for the first few weeks. I saw my family physician, I saw an ENT, neurologist, I even made a trip to the ER. I mentioned to all the doctors that I had recently quit drinking, but all of them were perplexed by my symptoms.

Long story short, everything else was ruled out so likely it's a PAWS symptom. But yes, not many doctors seemed to have any real clue about it.

These days I tend to also have headaches, which are uncommon for me. It feels like the front of my head between my eyes is filled with a sandbag. Then there are the blessed day where that feeling lifts, and I realize how awesome it feels to feel 'normal'. Thankfully, I'm getting more of those days as time slowly marches on.
Ok...makes sense you feel like I do right now. I literally feel as though I am moving underwater, or through molasses..body and brain. At the gym yesterday I injured my foot (I think it’s a stress fracture that I took too far) and I am on crutches! My husband had to drive me around this morning. At urgent care my bp was 152/110.

Just in case someone might think that when I say “I’m done” I don’t mean ....and it’s so great right now! I’m done, and I love having presence of mind, sanity, levelheaded thinking, but I feel like a 99 year old woman.

I’m sorry about your headaches and I hope they improve soon.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

**** ... is the result of unskilled vBulletin code implementation, not an edit.

IMO the lack of energy is the sugar withdrawl. Your body has been running on the sugar from booze and is changing to running on the complex foods. the old days you could skip a meal and drink some beers etc.. when you feel hungry your body interprets that as a craving to drink. . . . . now you are retraining your body to want food when it feels hungry.

it could take up to a month for things to improve, maybe 3 to 6 months for it to go back to pre drinking levels.

regular exercise even just walking helps.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bob4x4 View Post
**** ... is the result of unskilled vBulletin code implementation, not an edit.

IMO the lack of energy is the sugar withdrawl. Your body has been running on the sugar from booze and is changing to running on the complex foods. the old days you could skip a meal and drink some beers etc.. when you feel hungry your body interprets that as a craving to drink. . . . . now you are retraining your body to want food when it feels hungry.

it could take up to a month for things to improve, maybe 3 to 6 months for it to go back to pre drinking levels.

regular exercise even just walking helps.
I think you are spot on. I’m eating sugar for a few days and I am full of energy...my deepest fatigue is happening when I detox from the sugar and work on eating healthier.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Why do you keep trying Keto? Lack of carbs leads to that Keto flu thing - feeling awful. You are stressing your body by doing Keto right now and every time you bounce in and out of Ketosis you're going through withdrawals again.

Why don't you just eat reasonable food at reasonable levels? A high(er) carb nutrition plan is recommended in almost every detox protocol.

Keto can come later. You're trying to get off (added?) sugar, and that's a great goal but why not continue to eat fruits and vegetables and grains and dairy until you are stable emotionally and physically?

I'm at a healthy weight and eat a lot of carbs. I need them for my sense of well-being. I don't have to eat all the treats every day, but I allow a few per week...
Old 10-29-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Why do you keep trying Keto? Lack of carbs leads to that Keto flu thing - feeling awful. You are stressing your body by doing Keto right now and every time you bounce in and out of Ketosis you're going through withdrawals again.

Why don't you just eat reasonable food at reasonable levels? A high(er) carb nutrition plan is recommended in almost every detox protocol.

Keto can come later. You're trying to get off (added?) sugar, and that's a great goal but why not continue to eat fruits and vegetables and grains and dairy until you are stable emotionally and physically?

I'm at a healthy weight and eat a lot of carbs. I need them for my sense of well-being. I don't have to eat all the treats every day, but I allow a few per week...
I don’t know Bimini....I really don’t know what the heck I’m doing. Just trying not to drink and also trying not to gain a pound a day.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Here's what I do:

My calories are set at 1700 per day. That is my maintenance calorie intake for my age, height, and weight. I came to that number the good old fashioned way of tracking food and exercise for a few months and using that data. I exercise 3-5 times a week for one hour. It's moderate exercise, usually walking some hills. On those days I eat 200-300 calories more.

One day per week I have a 2500-3000 calorie day (with most of the additional cals coming from carbs and fat.) I have maintained my weight doing this for a few years now. I log all my food every day online.

My macros are set at the default of 50% Carbs/ 30% Fat/ 20% Protein. That comes out to 213g C/ 57g F / 85g P. I really only pay close attention to hitting that protein Goal. I don't eat under on protein very often. Maybe once per month, accidentally.

I usually come in a little high on fat and protein, and my carbs usually fall under 150g per day. That's a moderate carb plan. If I go much lower in carbs, I get more anxiety and irritability.

I do this by hitting a high protein breakfast, with some fiber - (example) -

1 egg and 1 egg white, scrambled
I serving turkey sausage
6g cheese on the eggs
2/3 portion oatmeal with milk, flax meal, butter and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts(5g)
1/2 apple
2 cups coffee w/2% milk

That's about 750 calories, but 45g of protein. Keeps me going till mid afternoon. Then I have Greek yogurt with berries. I do intermittent fasting 16:8, but only because that's how I've naturally eaten all my life.

Dinner is a wide variety of meals, I usually have a small portion of protein, a lot of vegetables and legumes, a serving of grain, and a half portion or so of fats.

Some days I have calories left for another serving of Greek yogurt with mixed fruit and nuts as dessert. Some days I have to pass. Some days I have cookies or something, but not very often - more because of the calories than anything. Plus that moremoremore thing that happens with sugary treats.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't know the statistics, but I do know that, when I finally got help for my alcoholism, I felt like I also suffered from nervous exhaustion.

Which I am confident was the case.

Sobriety has to be the most important objective on a daily basis.

Early sobriety has a world of challenges which seem to largely melt away as we recover.

I appreciate your (and others) sharing your frustration with the difficulties of early sobriety.

We all want you to get them in the rear view mirror as you attain even more alcohol-free time.

What kept me as sane as I could be in early sobriety was rigorously working a plan of recovery.

I still do it today, after being around for a few 24 hours so to speak.

Stay with us and keep us apprised as to your progress and challenges.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I found a lot of stuff on internet about alcohol withdrawal

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...s-treatments#1
Old 10-30-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am glad I found your post to explain why I feel so cruddy. I am exhausted today and have felt many symptoms you describe. I honestly did think after two week + I would be back to "normal". Disappointing but good to be aware of that.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am glad I found your post to explain why I feel so cruddy. I am exhausted today and have felt many symptoms you describe. I honestly did think after two week + I would be back to "normal". Disappointing but good to be aware of that.
A lot depends on the length of time you drank and the quantity. I drank a magnum daily for ten years and felt awful for three months. It's a long slow process that AA helped me get through. The support of other people who drank as I did was invaluable.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelSober View Post
Welcome, Mel.

We're glad you're with us.

Please keep us posted - we're always here and reachable.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Feeling kinda the same as you, 2 1/2 mo. sober. Tired even after a night's sleep and lack of motivation.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sassy,
You may have read this article already, but just to add to your musings:
https://drunkydrunkgirl.wordpress.co...aws-will-fall/