Notices

Feeling good tonight :)

Old 10-16-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling good tonight :)

I'm actually feeling really good tonight. I am over 6 months sober. Sometimes I am so bored and jealous of everyone out having a fun time and how loose and carefree they can be, but lately I've been dancing and studying really hard and picking up hobbies -- something I never did while I was drinking because drinking was like literally my only hobby. So i dont know I guess I feel good right now I'm sure by the weekend I will feel ****** again and jealous lol. What are some hobbies you guys have picked up to avoid drinking? I feel like it's one of the best ways (for me) to stay sober, because I see myself progressing with cool things I always wanted to try but never got aroudn too because all I cared about was partying.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Soberado

I picked up the guitar again, got more involved with my church and family which I could not really do drunk. Stay out of the bars, make that a life hobby. Congrats and continued success.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, lolacola.
I started knitting again, am swimming for exercise, and have gone back to yoga class.
It isn’t so much the not drinking, as I have been sober for 4 years.
It’s more wanting to get stronger.
When I first became sober, it gave me great satisfaction to go for a walk in the evening.
That was something I had avoided doing because a) I was drunk, or b) itcut into drinking time.
Whew.
Not going back to that.