SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   2nd time around & hating these night sweats (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/417421-2nd-time-around-hating-these-night-sweats.html)

Gottabemeagain 10-15-2017 06:19 AM

2nd time around & hating these night sweats

I've been down this road before but it didn't seem this hard. Why did I mess up? Who knows! But I need support to stay on the right track this time. 2 weeks and a few days in.....................and I'm still having night sweats. When do they end?

Obladi 10-15-2017 08:44 AM

I don't know when they end, but it's probably a case by case sort of thing. Have you been drinking a ton of water? I'd think that would help...

In any event, I'm happy to support you as it seems we're in approximately the same boat - I'm working on Day 17. Major problem for me over the past week has been depression and generate feeling out of it. Been sleeping a Lot.

What's helping you to hang on?

ScottFromWI 10-15-2017 09:22 AM

Welcome back gotta be from a fellow Wisconsinite. The night sweats are definitely a pain. For some of us, subsequent cycles of drinking and detoxing bring on progressively worse/longer lasting withdrawals. Kindling is a term used to describe the phenomenon.

2 weeks sober is great..and thing should definitely improve as time goes on. If you have health concerns you could always get a checkup too, it never hurts to do that. Hope you can stick around SR this time too...you'll find a lot of support here.

Gottabemeagain 10-15-2017 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 6637311)
Welcome back gotta be from a fellow Wisconsinite. The night sweats are definitely a pain. For some of us, subsequent cycles of drinking and detoxing bring on progressively worse/longer lasting withdrawals. Kindling is a term used to describe the phenomenon.

2 weeks sober is great..and thing should definitely improve as time goes on. If you have health concerns you could always get a checkup too, it never hurts to do that. Hope you can stick around SR this time too...you'll find a lot of support here.

Thanks for your support! This is the second time I've quit and the sweats are worse this time so your advice holds true for me. I was getting awful hot/cold sweats in the daytime too but those have pretty much stopped. It's a little longer than 2 weeks but I am determined. Last time I was sober almost 2 years.

Gottabemeagain 10-15-2017 09:42 AM

Hi Obladi, I'm at about the 17 day too. I have it written on the calendar! Thank you for your support. There seem to be many people who have had success. I'm hoping there are others like you and me that are beginning our journey as I, for sure, need the help!

Obladi 10-15-2017 12:35 PM

Hey gbm,
There are always plenty of folks over in the Newcomers forum. You maybe already know that? I choose to mostly stay over here because I don't feel new in any way. That's just me...

In any event, congratulations on 2+ weeks. God knows that I know how difficult this is.

Obladi 10-15-2017 12:39 PM

p.s. I'm also from Wisconsin and lived in Madison for about 20 years.

Gottabemeagain 10-16-2017 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Obladi (Post 6637574)
Hey gbm,
There are always plenty of folks over in the Newcomers forum. You maybe already know that? I choose to mostly stay over here because I don't feel new in any way. That's just me...

In any event, congratulations on 2+ weeks. God knows that I know how difficult this is.

I'm not in Wisconsin. I'm in West Virginia. I think every state must have a Madison. LOL

Dee74 10-16-2017 05:45 PM

2 weeks at the outside for my night sweats so I hope you see improvement soon - congrats on 2 weeks anyway :)

D

Obladi 10-19-2017 07:37 AM

Hey meagain,

What's the news from WV?

O

FindingMyNext 10-22-2017 05:57 PM

My night sweats continue, 130+ days in. But I'm a woman in my mid-forties, so... yeah--probably pre-menopause, just coinciding with sobriety. And let the record show that I HATE THEM. HATE, HATE, HATE. Grrrrrrrrr.

Stayingsassy 10-22-2017 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by FindingMyNext (Post 6646530)
My night sweats continue, 130+ days in. But I'm a woman in my mid-forties, so... yeah--probably pre-menopause, just coinciding with sobriety. And let the record show that I HATE THEM. HATE, HATE, HATE. Grrrrrrrrr.

Might be worth having your hormones checked just to make sure? My sweats stopped after 3 days. I’m 48 but I have no perimenopausal symptoms yet and everything’s as regular as ever...so I’m guessing your lovely hormones are probably to blame if you have other signs of the change.

Gottabemeagain 10-23-2017 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by FindingMyNext (Post 6646530)

I hear ya. LOL, I am on day 30 and I am still getting night sweats. I'm a lot older than you I'm sure and menopause is over, however, I am still tormented. I change shirts and panties at least once every night. :headbange

August252015 10-23-2017 05:09 AM

I am possibly an exception and certainly don't mean to be a downer, but mine continue at 20+ mo!! I'm pretty used to it and they do ebb and flow around stress or anticipation or something really on my mind....and we do a lot of sheet washing ;)

Our family considers itself sweaty and I definitely got the sweat gene from my dad. It's mildly annoying sometimes, but I figure it's not a bad deal in the big picture!