Notices

When does the anxiety end ?

Old 10-20-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paulokes View Post
an emotional response to certain situations which is triggered by fight or flight mechanisms in the deepest part of the brain. And for this reason completely uncontrollable while it's happening. ..

A year ago I was crippled by constant panic attacks and anxiety - I have been feeling really good lately.

Today I had some of those old panicky feeling arise but I was able to shut them down instantly. In the past a panic attack could put me out of commission for days and the anxiety would linger.

My point is that today I have the coping tools to deal with panic and anxiety - it isn't something I learned overnight and I know anxiety will always be in my life on some level - it is part of life.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Reading through posts, I feel compelled to reply to this one
I seem to have the same as you- abuse as a child started my anxiety too I have just figured this out
Originally Posted by zjw View Post
you sound like me i was having panic attacks and didnt even know what they where. I only quit drinking becuase i read somewhere that its possible drinking can cause them so i figured i'd give it a whirl but that if it didnt improve i'd just start drinking again.

the panic attacks calmed down pretty fast. but my anxiety was off the charts for 8 or 9 months. then it got easier slowly.

now at over 6 years sober its tolerable. I never have a day free of anxiety however. i'm pretty anxious all day long to be honest but its not as intense or severe. I do lots of things to try and keep it at bay.

I get panic attacks every now and then but generally there brought about by some kinda trigger / life event and not for no apparent reason at all.

If i had to complain i'd say it frustrates me that what can make me anxious and panicy is no big deal to most folks. That can be rather frustrating.

Thinking back i had a ton of anxiety as a child. with all the abuse and all i guess thats why. But before the abuse and such was I an axious person? I dunno. i cant remember.

All in all my anxiety isnt to terrible i've come to accept it for the most part.