Notices

Memory Hope

Old 10-09-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Memory Hope

The only portion of my recovery after 2 years that was lagging behind was my memory issues. At the low point I actually would be driving and forget how I got on a particular street. In the last couple of months almost any memory issues have disappeared. I am at a complete loss. I was basically doing nothing different. I still ate the same food, vitamins and stayed physically active. The doctor basically did nothing but take notes. I just wanted to share with all of you that are worried as I was. Keep the hope and as always thank the Lord!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really good news talkin&walkin

D
Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m glad that’s improved for you😀
Old 10-10-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's great news Talkinandwalkin. I have also noticed that there were some issues that literally took years to improve for me as well. One of the things that I've done throughout my recovery is some counseling, mainly for my anxiety, but I talk a lot with my counselor about recovery too. My counselor and I have discussed many times that it can literally take years for your brain to build new "neural pathways" as we learn new habits and lifestyles, and it also can take that long to "undo" bad pathways/thoughts. Mechanics aside of what's actually going in in my brain, i tend to agree with the overall premise. I drank for decades so waiting a few years to get better seems like a pretty good bargain to me!