Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

7 Months Sober - Anyone else have these issues develop?

Notices

Old 09-27-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello,

First time poster, been browsing this site for months now and I have to say it's been a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all of you, reading about your experiences has been very helpful in my coping and recovery.
I drank for ~13 years, peaked at about 8-10 liquor drinks a night before I put a hard stop to things almost 7 months ago. Haven't touched a drop since nor will I. First few months were crazy but the initial chaos has subsided.

My question is this: Has anyone experienced similar symptoms as mine this far into sobriety???

Starting at month 5 and getting worse since, I have had the following start up:

- Burning calf muscle pain
- Tingling/pain/numbness/cramping/itchy from top of head, down through right-side of face, neck, shoulder and arms, feels like in the muscles
- Random muscle achy areas or tender points around body
- Light red rash over entire body, barely noticeable but there

*** Physical activity such as working out, holding a phone up too long, bouncing my leg (restless, same as pain area) really, REALLY sets it off.

Doc has ruled out all kinds of stuff like vitamin levels, EMS, lyme so far. She was convinced it was anxiety until very recently, and she's about to ship me off to a neurologist.

These are all areas of my body where I probably already had nerve issues before quitting (really bad posture=neck issues that could be causing everything from head town through arm into hands, RLS=calf pain, worst symptoms in area I already had Carpal Tunnel). With that in mind, what I am hoping is that my nervous system is just hyper-sensitive at the moment and it will clear. Doesn't explain the rash/body redness though.

Anyway, can anyone relate to this? I've seen a few threads with neuropathy but nothing that developed this far into sobriety.

Most importantly, if anyone just wants to skip all that and learn about how I went cold turkey sober for 7 months, I am more than happy to share my method!!!

Take care
Old 09-27-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, and along with everything else happening on my right side... my right ear now turns red, gets hot and feels like a bee is stinging it during flare-ups... joy!
Old 09-27-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can;t say any of that is familair to me Wakka . Hope you and your Doctors can work it out.

I'll bite - how did you get sober and stay that way?

D
Old 09-27-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wakka - I had the crampy, itchy, tingly stuff (no rash) but it was in the early weeks of recovery. Not sure why it would be happening 5 wks. in. I hope it all settles down for you.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you end up going through the run-around with doctors and they still can't figure it out, check out Dr Sarno, TMS, and mind-body syndromes. Sometimes chronic aches and pains are related to emotions and anxiety rather than physical conditions. Feel free to PM me if you'd like some links and book titles.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WakkaWakkaATL View Post
Hello,

First time poster, been browsing this site for months now and I have to say it's been a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all of you, reading about your experiences has been very helpful in my coping and recovery.
I drank for ~13 years, peaked at about 8-10 liquor drinks a night before I put a hard stop to things almost 7 months ago. Haven't touched a drop since nor will I. First few months were crazy but the initial chaos has subsided.

My question is this: Has anyone experienced similar symptoms as mine this far into sobriety???

Starting at month 5 and getting worse since, I have had the following start up:

- Burning calf muscle pain
- Tingling/pain/numbness/cramping/itchy from top of head, down through right-side of face, neck, shoulder and arms, feels like in the muscles
- Random muscle achy areas or tender points around body
- Light red rash over entire body, barely noticeable but there

*** Physical activity such as working out, holding a phone up too long, bouncing my leg (restless, same as pain area) really, REALLY sets it off.

Doc has ruled out all kinds of stuff like vitamin levels, EMS, lyme so far. She was convinced it was anxiety until very recently, and she's about to ship me off to a neurologist.

These are all areas of my body where I probably already had nerve issues before quitting (really bad posture=neck issues that could be causing everything from head town through arm into hands, RLS=calf pain, worst symptoms in area I already had Carpal Tunnel). With that in mind, what I am hoping is that my nervous system is just hyper-sensitive at the moment and it will clear. Doesn't explain the rash/body redness though.

Anyway, can anyone relate to this? I've seen a few threads with neuropathy but nothing that developed this far into sobriety.

Most importantly, if anyone just wants to skip all that and learn about how I went cold turkey sober for 7 months, I am more than happy to share my method!!!

Take care
No issues here yet but Im still earlt in the process. So how did you approach your sobriety?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Does it bee gone I am 90 day I hear bussss

Originally Posted by WakkaWakkaATL View Post
Oh yeah, and along with everything else happening on my right side... my right ear now turns red, gets hot and feels like a bee is stinging it during flare-ups... joy!
Does ur buss gone