Notices

Drinking again - A ball and chain would stop me

Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking again - A ball and chain would stop me

I am drinking again, its not so bad yet 12 pack light beer about 2 weeks now but now before its even dark out I go and get it to drink and feel normal.

I had this idea to stop this cycle, what if made a ball and chain with something heavy for the ball and locked it to my ankle with a padlock or just chain my feet together a better idea actually.

If the one in million zillion chance of a fire I could shuffle out first floor feet chained together but my craving to go buy more alcohol is not stronger then the embarrassment of walking down the street chained like a prisoner. People would be like what the heck seeing that and call police for sure.

what friend could I ask for something so weird? I cant stop going to store to buy booze 5 pm chaining my ankles together bring back this key in the morning.

My 12 pack light beer is gone, drank it. Going to buy 6 more. A week ago 12 pack was enough.

starting drinking at 8 pm was worked. Earlyer and earlyer buy beer its coming back like it was this sucks

Its starting agian
Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ya gotta quit man. Welcome to SR.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

An alcoholic in full obsession has way too much will power to be stopped by a ball and chain. He will find a way.

There was one method that seemed to work to stop the drinking. I man I knew crashed his car drunk, and broke his neck. He lost the use of his arms and legs and could not drink. It took him three months to die, all of it in total misery because he wanted to drink and couldn't. There was nothing left for him in the sober world, he thought. I was his only visitor.

Unless the internal condition is treated, misery will be the result of enforced abstinence. There are better ways of getting sober.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont know I am going to buy a 6

I know how it goes that first one makes me want more postive thoughts lets make them continue drink more.

Feel awful next day so buy more make it go away feel positive again.

I walking up to get more cant do an up all night or just dont want too but this sucks been sober better I would sneak for fun but it bit me.

it bit me dependent now
Old 09-14-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sober style

I used to fantasize about going out to a remote cabin in the woods for a few weeks where I'd have no choice but to not drink my daily 18-pack.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
I used to fantasize about going out to a remote cabin in the woods for a few weeks where I'd have no choice but to not drink my daily 18-pack.

I did an awful detox and thought it would hve been better to be dropped off by helecopter 100 miles away with food water from anything so I could just walk it off instead of the detox routine ,

smoking and talking listening to drink and drug glory stories these people mandated and bs and you cant leave wallet in safe...

I getting a six so I can sleep, an up all night just bad for me.

tommorow I cut this out , plan food a movie netflix chill no alcohol

I am not in that deep yet , but I know the depths I just forgot.

Type here more when back read tommorow and be like alcohol does you good look at this
Old 09-14-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome to SoberRecovery!

I hope you are able to stop drinking soon.

I know that detox is unpleasant, but it is better supervised than on your own.

Keep reading and posting!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Welcome to SoberRecovery!

I hope you are able to stop drinking soon.

I know that detox is unpleasant, but it is better supervised than on your own.

Keep reading and posting!

Detox is bad, 12 pack a dy light beer is as far as its gone this time expt tonite 6 more but i Know detox vodka stright from the botle buying 750s that was my past.

Years I cheated on total absence fun occasion holiday get blated but had a some life trama and the daily came back. the icky and a drink will make it all better till it wears off then worse ick and anxiety
Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

18 beers if any kind is way too much. I used to do the same...beer only but lots of it. Perhaps getting some help from a doc might not be a bad idea?

Last edited by ScottFromWI; 09-15-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am jut stupid, micholb ultra 12 pack a day hbit I can just cut it

But will excuse tommorow be its mid afternoon, edgy, agoraphobic just make it go way onw more time /?

need to stop thats it, it will grow to 30 pack a day then stop workiing. or will vodaka
Old 09-14-2017, 10:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Brother, you sound just like I did. I did that s#it for 4 years. Four years man...trying to stop on my own...no matter how hard i tried, it just would never work.

At the end i was drinking 1.5-2 liters of vodka or vat 69 a day. Then beer for dinner and fireball for dessert . My neighbor found me on my sidewalk and picked me up and I woke up a week later in the hospital.

I almost died man. I've almost died a lot of times. What was different this time was it was over for me. The drs (yup a team of them) said i wouldn't live another 3-6 months if i continued to drink.

I was on a half a dozen different medications and in the hospital for 4 months.

They didn't give me much more than a snowballs chance in hell.

What did save me from it all was a decision that I made. It was that I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to be drunk. An I'd do whatever they needed me to do so I could live.

that was 18 months ago, bro. I was in and out for 2 decades. Never able to achieve anything long term. If i can do it, so can you. It stops when you say it stops.

Call an ambulance, go to an ER...just take the decision out of your hands and make one to live.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lots of great advice above, you need to stay sober, lots of different ways to do that, and you can.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yep

[QUOTE=beeronlysure;6605683]I am jut stupid, micholb ultra 12 pack a day hbit I can just cut it

But will excuse tommorow be its mid afternoon, edgy, agoraphobic just make it go way onw more time /?

need to stop thats it, it will grow to 30 pack a day then stop workiing. or will vodaka[/QUOT
Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep

This just happened to me a few days ago. I went from a 12 pack of Coors Light to an 18 pack a day. So I was at the store to buy beer and I was lured over to the vodka. I didn't get but it scared me. I have 2 days. I don't want to die a drunk.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sad thread. It just shows how deceitful this ****** addiction is.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes, what OOTT said.

The only solution is quitting.

I hope you choose to, soon.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi beeronlysure

I already had a ball and chain - in my alcoholism.

I didn't need another ball and chain - I just needed to accept that I was an alcoholic.

After I accepted I was an alcoholic and I'd accepted my drinking would kill me, there weren't many options left to me, but to quit and see where that took me.

It not only saved my life but I got my life back.

I hope you'll decide to quit and see where that takes you too

D
Old 09-15-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beeronlysure View Post
I am drinking again, its not so bad yet ...
Yes, yes it is.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I highly recommend, like others have already posted, that you seek help for this problem.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I had the awareness you have. I did nothing. I burnt to death..clinically dead 3 times. My family abandoned me then. No next of kin, no visits- I lost everything. Alcohol was my ball and change. You need to live has to be stronger than your want to drink. A hard choice......you do not want my experiences. GET HELP.
See a doc, go to a meeting, see a counselor- post here.
Consider- all the excuses in the world not to get help...I would have crawled over broken glass for another drink.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jen66 View Post
This just happened to me a few days ago. I went from a 12 pack of Coors Light to an 18 pack a day. So I was at the store to buy beer and I was lured over to the vodka. I didn't get but it scared me. I have 2 days. I don't want to die a drunk.

I finished my 12 pack and went back and got 4 more 16 oz cans and an airplane size bottle of vodka.

Woke up with massive anxiety attack . That will always be the result wake up with horrible anxiety and then going outside sucks feel weird around people.

Just need to remember that, It was in my head for the longest time drinking equals anxiety and sick hangover.

I would have plan to drink then say not today not worth it tommorow will hurt.

Tonite just don't buy any remember this morning wake up feeling.