Notices

Drinking again - A ball and chain would stop me

Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you came back beeronlysure. Perhaps you could add some other support to your plan for today other than just remembering how bad you feel now? Hangovers always wear off - what will you do when you start feeling OK again? Spend some time here maybe? You could join the class of september thread over in newcomers - sometimes it's nice to have a group of peers to share your concerns/questions with.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'd join the September class and get serious about this.
Drinking WILL eventually kill you if you don't do something immediately.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Made it though yesterday sober.

The drunk when I wrote this thread was just awful, did an angry phone call rant to someone too. A bad one.

The plan was too just get beer stay home and sort my things that got all mixed up cause of the storm , Instead of getting calm -ease and comfort- wile I sorted things and watched TV the alcohol produced angry desperation , that call and a few embarrassing e-mails too. Cleaned up nothing made more of a mess.

Hope 9/16 / 2017 new sober date.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by beeronlysure View Post
Hope 9/16 / 2017 new sober date.
Hope won't get you sober...action will. Think of things you could do today to make it happen....write them down..and do them. I'll give you a couple ideas to get started

- See your doctor and let them know about your drinking problem
- Go to a recovery meeting
- Look in the front of your phone book or google local alcohol recovery/addiction centers
- Spend time on SR instead of watching things in TV that depress you
- take a walk
- visit your priest or pastor if you have one
Old 09-16-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sorry that you're struggling. I did it for years and years. "Just" beer, but enough to nearly kill me. It was only after I admitted that I had a problem and decided on a plan of action that I was able to FINALLY start the recovery process. I wish you well.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Sad thread. It just shows how deceitful this ****** addiction is.

Yes it is deceitful, perfect word.

Did it again last night, today painful hangover. Had plans to accomplish some things today but I feel sick downing a 12 pack for dinner. Headache breakfast just the idea is a stomach turner.

Deceitful, I will just drink it slow make some dinner .... it won't hurt tomorrow tell myself.

Food , not interested when there is beer around.

I learned with that DUI, the car after drinking that sparks fear. I won't DUI plus I can walk for more but Someone should invent a time-lock for cars or since all the new cars are so highly computerized how much computer code would it take for a don't start till tomorrow morning feature for people who know their judgment goes bad when they start drinking ?

Enter password...

Enter amount of time to disable vehicle...

Good luck getting those fuel injectors to squirt on time or at all if that vehicle computer says no.

Anyone reading this feel free to write the big automakers with the idea.

I know the law makes people use that installed breatalizer to start car but thats after they already got a DUI.

How many people reading this said after I start drinking no way will I drive, no way , no way, no way ! and then went did it ?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Its the 27th now starrted this thred on the beginning of this bender, so that means 5 days of this.

Said I wouold kick it today,, looking in my trash how many micholbe ultra , how many walks to store ?

not that many 18 light beers , was a time when I was a streight vodka half gallon a a day that bad what the hell I have to kick this

Just a few to feel bettr for a little wile, then all day till night hell
Old 09-28-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry about your situation😥. It must be so hard for you right now. Do try and bring this bender to an end though.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ball and chain....had those thoughts, in fact Antabuse was my ball and chain through 2015-2016, I found out how to outsmart it so I could drink, though.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

And oh my goodness the similarities.....tons of light beer. Then that doesn't do it so I move on to wine or whiskey...after drinking all the beer.

Such a sad life. Not worth it.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find it in you to make a day one soon beeronlysure. This is no way to live a life, man.

D