Notices

Day2 high anxiety

Old 09-13-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day2 high anxiety

I'm working on day 2 clean today. I've been in and out of recovery since 2004. I never really worked the program. I've only been able to get or let myself get about 2 months clean. Yesterday I stayed on the online and phone meetings and talking with others who are in recovery. The best thing and most honest think I heard was nothing is going to change unless I change my approach to recovery. So I'm posting about it, getting it out of my system. I'm also going to find me a face to face meeting today. And I'm praying it doesn't take long for me to find a sponsor that is a good fit. I can't play around with this anymore.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hold on you, mistory.
In my experience the most effective way to survive that first day or two of high anxiety is to keep moving. My method was pacing - a lot. If you are in active withdrawal, I think medical detox is better, though I only took that route once.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good on ya!!
"nothing is going to change unless I change my approach to recovery."
most definatly. i can sit in the garage all day but that aint gonna make me a car.

i hope ya find ya a good sponsor,too. i strongly encourage ya to find ya a sponsor that tells ya what ya need to hear and not what ya want to hear- someone that will call ya on your BS. sure saved my life having one like that.
actually, thats a lie.he didnt save my life. i didnt have one. i was just existing.
he helped give me a life.

rarely have wee seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path
Old 09-13-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back mistory, sounds like you are making some excellent choices and insightful thoughts about what needs to happen to make recovery work for you. Anxiety is very common in the early days, keeping busy can help with that as well as perhaps taking a walk, getting your mind on other matters. Best of luck at the meeting and in finding a good sponsor!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kudos on 2 days keep it up!! Sounds like a good plan, make it happen!! Great idea getting a sponsor early on, very wise!! Wishing you the best!!

Great post!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Same as you.

I am with you..I am on day 2 and i find myself just moving trying to get out of my own head so the anxiety doesn't take hold. I jave been trying to figure out what the next step should be myself. Good luck and hope all goes well with your meeting.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, day 6 and anxiety has calmed down. Just have to focus on the one day at a time thing instead of worrying about how I'm not going to drink for the rest of my life
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are a little better mistory - congrats on day 6

D
Old 09-17-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi mistory😀 I just read your thread and six days is awesome 👏. My anxiety has also gone down a lot now I'm sober. Good luck!