Notices

Relapse

Old 09-04-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse

There I said it.

Not sure what else to put because I've been avoiding coming here for weeks now. The title speaks for itself.

Feel kind of dumb about it all. How does it go from being so easy to so hard.

Especially when you don't even want to drink but you do anyways.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is this going to be Day One for you, then?

Shore up your defenses, examine what went wrong, and move forward.

I'm glad you made it back in one piece.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us. dust yourself up and try again. no matter what, never stop trying. And we're here to encourage not judge you therefore come to SR as much as you want to. You never know, a post or thread might have prevented that relapse.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try not to beat yourself up but start again. It's a good idea to make changes, like perhaps going to AA? I couldn't have replaced drinking with nothing and stayed sober; it was the support of the fellowship that kept me sober. A big hug.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back! I'm Happy to be 4 days sober here, have just made it through the horrible kindling effect that is delivered to me every time I drink more than 3 days in a row now (26+ ounces per day) Brutal insomnia, the scoots, vomiting, blood red eyes, dehydration, stomach pain, sweating, shaking, depression and anxiety like you'd never believed. Now I feel top notch and headed into a meeting myself tonight and super excited about it. Keep your chin up!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you shared - and you have another chance to make it permanent this time.

What's your plan for getting and staying sober? Now would be a great time for an AA meeting - I did about 82 in the recommended 90/90. There is lots of other info and support here on recovery plans- and the Class of Sep thread under Newcomers Daily Support is a great place to join.

You can do it if you want to. Take care and don't drink- today.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm an AA guy too, this is a paragraph out of chapter 5, How it works in our Big Book, it's read out loud by a member at the begginning of every meeting..

" No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim progress rather than perfection."

Please don't dwell in the past or beat yourself up.. acceptance is a big part of our program.. sharing and being rigorously honest is another, you did both! this is really huge.. I had more than my share of relapses/ slips before I found "IT."

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in the saddle!!

Call or text another alcoholic or post on SR if you ever feel squirrelly.. please PM me if you want my number, we're all In this together!

Wishing you the best, friend!!!
Old 09-04-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It happens. Don't use it to continue to drink. Put the booze down, get some water in you and get some sleep. If you have to go get medical detox and start sobriety over because your journey isn't over. You posted here so you want to stop. Wanting, desiring, deciding are thoughts until you put them into action. So get to work and you will become happy again.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi waterox - welcome back

Many many of us have fallen a time or two - whatever people might say here you're part of the SR family and we have your best interests at heart

do whatever you need to to find the support and good ideas and make a day one again.

You may have to work a little harder this time, but thats the progressive nature of alcoholism.

It's still very possible to be sober and to stay that way

It all starts from this point.

Make a decision for change

D