Notices

Alcohol regret....

Old 09-01-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
It is definitely normal for our emotions to have big swings, both up and down, during early sobriety. Drinking literally changes your brain chemistry, so it takes some time to normalize again. Make sure you are getting enough to drink ( water ), eat ( healthy foods if possible ), sleep enough and try and get a little exercise too - even just walking.

Another thing that happens when we quit drinking is that many of us have underlying emotional/psychological conditions that come front and center. Many of us even tried using alcohol to escape/mask/hide from these problems - but of course that only makes them worse. Depression and anxiety are common along with others, so if things don't improve consider that you may need help to treat those as well. But give it some time...it can take weeks after you quit to start returning to some sense of "normalcy".
Not clean yet! Working on it. Just joined this community to give me some support. Yeah I grew up psychotic... supposed to be on medication. Just I have basically been on that my whole life. I don't want anything to be happy. By the way thank you for the leading words. All of you... I really cant express my gratitude. All of you are a special friend to me.