Notices

Need advice

Old 08-24-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice

I'm trying to dwindle down. I know this is really really hard. I really need to be supervised but have no insurance and no 8 grand. Anyway I have been a heavy heavy drinker for the past ten years. Between a 12 to 18 to even a 24 pack of beer a day. Last week I had to stop drinking beer. It started for some reason to give me horrible headaches that would put me down all day. So. I switched to a half pint of vodka a day. So far this is day 4. And I stuck to it even of it's hard and very easy to get another. My question is of I'm going to put my body into shock? I want to get off this half pint a day eventually. I want to stop drinking and craving it all the time. I'm tired of feeling like hell ALL the time.my shakes have Got better in the morning.. Please any advice? I can take the beating I suppose.oh! And i got a job. Starting next week. Can I work through the discomfort? Is it wise? Will I be okay if I did?
Old 08-24-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi.
I would see your doctor, explain all, get some meds and take a few days off.
Keep posting/reading.
GL,
Jules
Old 08-24-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No idea where you are in the world, but literally only just read this thread a moment ago so giving you the link to it in case it might be at all useful...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-help-you.html

I have no direct experience, but you know yourself that there are risks involved in tapering without medical supervision. I suppose you need to be ready to call emergency services at the first sign of things going wrong. Do you have someone in the house with you who would get help to you if necessary? I don't suppose many alcoholics or addicts have thousands of dollars saved up to be honest, so there much be a way of getting treatment. Perhaps others will be able to share how they did it. A rough idea of location might be handy for that though, as the system in England, compared with America or Oz or somewhere is all pretty different.

Wishing you all the best for a safe physical recovery. BB
Old 08-24-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Atacker. As others have already mentioned, there's really no way we can predict what might happen when you actually quit. Some people have little to no withdrawals and others have pretty severe complications. Since you've been drinking such an extreme amount, you should really at least talk with a doctor first before doing anything. If you can't afford one, check with your local AA chapter to see if they are aware of any low cost or free clinics that you could visit. The Salvation Army also offers free detox if you are in the USA.