Notices

One week in and a funny thing that happened

Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week in and a funny thing that happened

I'm one week sober today (yay!) and I'm feeling really good. I've been reading a lot of AVRT stuff and it seems like that's the way for me to go. I'm more sure every day that never drinking again is my solution, though I'm scared to death of all the challenges facing me in that regard. Reading here everyday has really helped me come to that conclusion.

However! Last night I had a dream where my friends and I went to see a concert or something and everyone was drinking except for me. I was talking about how much I love wine, and then said "yeah, wine is fun, but I don't drink that stuff anymore."

Seems like even dream me knows what's up now! I woke up with that thought resounding in my head and kind of laughed, but it made me very hopeful that this is for real.

Hoping every day gets better, but I know there's still a lot to come. I thank god for the fear of what I was doing to myself that brought me here, because if I hadn't been sitting on the bus with the shakes and scaring myself ******** with withdrawal stories, I think I'd probably be drunk right now.

Anyway, just had to get that down. I really hope everyone is having a relaxing evening and is ready for the week.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week dpac

D
Old 08-20-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great work dpac. You are right that there is a lot more to come, but I think you'll be well prepared If you plan ahead as you are now. There's lots of info about AVRT and people who use it over in the secular forums too if you decide to stick with that program.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations, dpac!