Notices

nerves

Old 08-13-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nerves

On my way to my first AA meeting worried nerves are rattling shaking like crazy wish me luck I pray it goes okay and it is what I need to help me change for my loved ones and me the most because it is breaking their hearts and killing them seeing me the way I have been I just pray it isn't too late
Old 08-13-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck it will be fine, all these people have been there
Old 08-13-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck Griffey X
Old 08-13-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How did it go?

BB
Old 08-13-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it went well

It went well better than I had hoped it is nice to be able to talk to you all and other people that know what I'm going through thank you instead of people trying to tell you what is wrong and how easy it is I go back Wednesday evening I think it's something that I am going to continue to do thank you for all of your all support you all helped tremendously
Old 08-13-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good on ya!!
might be wise at your next meeting to inquire about getting a copy of the big book- thats where the program is explained .
until then, you can read it online
https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous
Old 08-14-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep. The Big Book reading will be very useful to you.

I also found the AA Speaker Recordings very useful for between meetings. This site is free and you can download or listen without having to register or pay anything... https://www.recoveryaudio.org/ I bought a cheap little mp3 player and downloaded some of my favourite recordings onto it so that I could get an AA fix every morning and evening on my commute, or when I was doing the housework, or even more useful, when my washing-macine-head was keeping me awake.

BB
Old 08-15-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by griffey84 View Post
It went well better than I had hoped it is nice to be able to talk to you all and other people that know what I'm going through thank you instead of people trying to tell you what is wrong and how easy it is I go back Wednesday evening I think it's something that I am going to continue to do thank you for all of your all support you all helped tremendously
good job! i was pretty scared when i went the first time. and i sat there that night looking around that table wondering how in the F**** my life got me there.... But i was there and the people there where Just like me and it wasnt so bad really it was good to be in like company around others winning this battle.