Notices

3 day binge

Old 08-07-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 day binge

I just have a question. My girlfriend and I on Fridays will go to our local liquor store and purchase a half gallon of vodka along with some juice to be a chaser for the shots we take. It's not every Friday I get to participate with her because of my work schedule. If course she'll get drunk and pass out on the couch in the living room and be there in the morning when I get up for work. I'll notice when I come home from work she is sleeping in the bed, passed out again because she was taking shots again. It will happen Sunday also. Basically the bottle is opened Friday night and finished off by Sunday. By Sunday evening she is throwing up. I know it's a problem. My question is what kind of damage is she doing to herself? She doesn't drink during the week but it's the same habit when the weekend comes.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps a trip to the doctors would tell you, drinking any amount of alcohol on a regular basis isn't good for the body or the mind, good luck
Old 08-07-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

She's drinking way too much, and yes, it will do damage. Why don't you suggest to her that the two of you get sober together. Can't hurt and might show her, and you, the better life that can be had sober.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's really impossible to say exactly what's damage she is causing without seeing a doctor, but there's really nothing good that comes out of binge drinking. Even if there is no clear physical damage there is the waste of time, energy and money poisoning your system. Long term of course it can cause a whole host of physical and mental issues too, and eventually death in chronic cases.

It's a very preventable problem though...is she aware if any of it by chance?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I suggest giving up your "party" and doing something else. Of course it's dangerous for her to drink like that.