Notices

Drinkers like me?

Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hope you are aware that beer and wine can cause your blood sugar to rise. Check and compare with the blood sugar level chart. I hope you know what high blood sugar can cause. At lease that will act as caution for you.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds just like me several times in my life.
The only time I've ever felt free from the possible consequences of having 'a drink' has been since I don't drink.
Ever.
Now learning how to relax and live life on life's terms.
AVRT saved my life
Old 08-21-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
In AA we're told avoid "people, places and things" that can trigger a desire to drink. And HALT: don't get too "hungry, angry, lonely, tired," which can also trigger a craving.
To clarify a little, the Big Book tells us that our problem will be removed - and we do not need to fear going ANYWHERE or being around ANYONE once that has happened, and we maintain a fit spiritual condition every day...."if tempted, we recoil from alcohol as if touching a hot flame" (para 4th Ed).

It is indeed advised at the start to avoid things like the ppt that used to be our stomping grounds, so to speak, as we change our habits. HALT is always a good standby (I do that daily check in the am about how I feel upon waking- I also do my inventory of the prior day in the am, because I feel that "Sleeping on my day" lets me be more honest and clear about what it was really like).

The simple equation- once we start to question "our type of drinking" and such, once that invisible line into alcoholism is crossed, however that happens- is to stop. Then learn how to live sober- and like I said in my first post on this thread, it is the best kind of life I can imagine.

A program of action (mine is AA and others have success with different paths) is key.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know exactly what you mean. That feeling of Russian Roulette. Not knowing when you wake up if you are going to be in a whole load of trouble. I hope you find the answers you are looking for. My search has just begun. I think I hoped the answer was risk free heavy drinking. I was wrong.

I hope you manage to find your way