Notices

Morning everyone

Old 07-19-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Morning everyone

Hey guys, feeling good today apart from lack of hydration, really need to get more water in me to recover from my binge. Faced my family last night after my set back (they witnessed my sorry state after promising I wouldn't drink again) I felt awkward to say the least and didn't really get a chance to speak as neighbours where over. Tbh they were drinking also a huge part of their life's also. Had a lovely meal outside in the sun with my very supportive partner, watered my flowers and went a lovely walk at sunset. Today the plan is to go get some new flowers to plant and fill my garden with beautiful colour. Not beating myself up so hard is helping me move forward quicker, I can't change the past but I can the future. ☺ have a nice day everyone
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning! Glad you had a nice evening and woke up sober! I can relate to the MANY times I'd promised not to drink and let my family down. Your last sentence is very profound though!

"I can't change the past, but I can the future." This is key for letting the guilt, shame and remorse stay in the past where it belongs. Have a great day LPG and I'm glad you're sober.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope it was a good day lpg

D
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Soberado

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Hey guys, feeling good today apart from lack of hydration, really need to get more water in me to recover from my binge. Faced my family last night after my set back (they witnessed my sorry state after promising I wouldn't drink again) I felt awkward to say the least and didn't really get a chance to speak as neighbours where over. Tbh they were drinking also a huge part of their life's also. Had a lovely meal outside in the sun with my very supportive partner, watered my flowers and went a lovely walk at sunset. Today the plan is to go get some new flowers to plant and fill my garden with beautiful colour. Not beating myself up so hard is helping me move forward quicker, I can't change the past but I can the future. ☺ have a nice day everyone
Your folks understand at least mine did when I faltered, parents are eternal forgivers I found. Plus if alcoholism runs in your family like it does mine on both sides (the double whammy) they have witnessed this all before with others in the bloodline. So make a new promise and try again, as the King Wayne Gretzky once said "you are 100% guaranteed to miss all the shots you don't take." Heck if broken promises about quitting drinking were nickles I would have about five bucks by now lol.

Best of luck to you to make this happen!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lpg

The family haven't said much about last weekend. I'm waiting on the impending lecture though. Still fighting although struggling today, long weekend off work and done so many jobs today, once I finished I thought gee I deserve a wine.... Fighting urges though its tough.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I HATE those impending lectures. Lol. They don't help. They only add to the guilt, shame, remorse that we feel. I know the struggling all too well. Get your eye honed in on your sobriety for the weekend. Make lots of plans, binge on netflix, tackle your to do list, whatever it takes. You can do this LPG. Have a great, sober weekend!
Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
I HATE those impending lectures. Lol. They don't help. They only add to the guilt, shame, remorse that we feel. I know the struggling all too well. Get your eye honed in on your sobriety for the weekend. Make lots of plans, binge on netflix, tackle your to do list, whatever it takes. You can do this LPG. Have a great, sober weekend!
Currently binging my way through Salem on Netflix. Garden looking pretty and house tidy. Fresh sober Saturday ahead of me that's all Im keeping in mind. Have a nice weekend everyone