Notices

Really worried, please help.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really worried, please help.

Hey guys,

This is my story, I'm 26 years old, 1m77, 78 kilos. (5'9) 170 lbs
I lost my job on May 6th 2017, before that I used to drink maybe once per 15 days, 2-3 glasses... relax. I gym 5 times a week, (I swim 1 hour a day for 5 times a week). I have general anxiety disorder.. take no medication though, treat it with meditation, martial arts, and swimming

When I lost my job 2 months ago, (for no reason was told "not the right team fit") when I was #1 salesman. I was devastated, and since then I've been drinking 2 beers a day, (500 ml each) to relax, and i started smoking again when I had quit for a year and half. Now I've been really really worried that I have developed cirhosis or fatty liver. I know in 2 months cirhosis is irrational fear, but I read online that fatty liver can develop in as much as 3 weeks if you drink daily. I'm planning on stopping by the end of the month, I truly am fighting it, and am almost back to having a job again, but I m really worried, because certain days i get like tingling in my legs for a couple minutes, and It's not one of my usual anxiety symptoms, so it pushed me to start believing its fatty liver, or that I ****** up my liver, and that i m gonna die. Do you guys think I have developped fatty liver?

I'm really worried. Please help
Old 07-16-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why wait until the end of the month to stop drinking?
Old 07-16-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right I'll stop now !!!

but do you think I have fatty liver?
Old 07-16-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not a doctor and can't tell if you have fatty liver. If you have the means to see a physician ASAP that will be the best thing to put your mind at rest (in addition to stopping now, of course).
Old 07-16-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

stop drinking, see a doc. If the drinking, the former job and anxiety are an issue- get some counselling. Act on the awareness you have.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm gonna go against my better judgement and answer this because I thought a lot like you do.

If i say no...the chances of you having fatty liver are about the same as you going to bed tonight and growing a set of b00bs---you'll go out to drink ---why? because you're gonna celebrate that you're not gonna die. off to the races...

If i try to scare you and say yes..here again..the whole growing b00bs analogy...you'll go out in a blaze of glory and go into full self destruct mode--cause you think you're gonna die. then you'll drink and you're off to the races.

Facts...you can recover from fatty liver...
you can live with cirhossis.
this illness tells you anything it can to get you to drink
this illness is FAR more powerful and baffling than your mind can wrap
around without help.
either way---you need help.

Go get it...At 27 i was just like you. You get clean now, you'll have a wonderful life. keep going and....

FF to 43 if you don't get help....probably where i was 15 months ago IF YOU"RE LUCKY. I've damaged my liver, heart, kidneys given myself diabetes and hypertension.

Even then...i got one last chance after being in the hospital for weeks. I CAN NEVER EVER go back...for me, it's certain death.

Take heed my young friend. Go get help.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nova

See your doctor -most of us found our fears were unfounded, or at least greatly magnified

If you get a clean bill of health, quit anyway.

Drinking never helped me cope with anything. I lost 18 months of my life drinking over a job/career I lost.

It makes no sense to keep drinking til the 31st - why not stop now?

D
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2/2016

The liver is an amazing organ. It can repair itself. Stop drinking, live the life you deserve, be good to yourself, and good luck getting your new job!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

If you stop drinking for good, you'll never have such worries.