Notices

day 1

Old 07-04-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Jen,

I also had many Day Ones, and finally managed to get sober, and a big part of my plan has been this site. I post and read on here daily. You should join the Class of July 2017, you will find others who have committed or recommitted to sobriety this month. Another great thread is the 24 hour thread, it is an opportunity to check in each day and pledge another 24 hours sober. Venuscat aka Suze keeps track of everyone's posts and posts a list each night of all who have commtttdx, as well as weekly, monthly, and yearly milestones. It is a nice way to celebrate the sobriety and commitment of the group.

Dee always asks what is your plan, and for a long time I didn't really have one. I now have 18 months sober, and having a recovery plan has been important.

Here is a link about plans:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Glad you are here.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-05-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone for all the replies and suggestions. The support has been overwhelming. I have joined the class of July 17 and am committed to checking in with this site at least once everyday (or more if needed).

I am aware that I need to be more active this time around, not sure what the plan is going to involve just yet. Getting back into healthy eating and exercise as well as some new interests seems the way forward now. I used to like creative hobbies when I was younger, before alcohol became the centre of everything.

Having spare time on my hands has always been a major trigger in the past. That was when the voice would begin to creep in and try and regain control. Just continuing to try and fill my time and look for new things.

Jen
Old 07-05-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Jen.
I wish I could accurately convey how much better my life is without drink.
I won't lie and say it's perfect but I handle bad days far better now.
The best help I got was CBT.
Others use different supports, so it depends on what works for you.
But you made a great move by posting here.
You are doing great work. Keep it up.
I love your "No more day 1s"!
Like most here, I have had too many of them.