Notices

Are there any rude "Old Timers" here?

Old 06-27-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some posts have been removed, at least temporarily, until the Mod can check it out.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Those things are not in the spirit of recovery and don't have a place at AA meetings.

That being said, a lot of recovering addicts are a little rough around the edges.. Just read the stories in the Big Book, we come from all sorts of backgrounds and lifestyles. So we walk in to these rooms, we shouldn't be surprised if we run in to different personalities and different attitudes.. That doesn't mean anything goes, but we can only control our reactions to others' behaviors.. that's something we need to learn to do better anyway.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
I am not entirely sure how to respond to this. But, yeah, you are a touch crotchety! That's ok tho. lol
sure

and i'm not an "old-timer" (not that i'm sure exactly what is meant by that...30 years plus?), and if my genes are indicative, the crotchetiness will get more pronounced.

my real point was that often, our narratives are formed from our experiences, and you started off by saying you are curious, and wondering where their lines of thinking come from...hence my suggestion that you ask, and they might tell you.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Several more posts have been removed and this thread is now closed. If we cannot discuss things in a respectful manner they will not be discussed at all. This is the second public warning in this thread alone, personal warnings of forum policy will be next if the behavior continues elsewhere.