Notices

Walked Out

Old 06-26-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Walked Out

Hi everyone, and thank you for bearing with me. I have a normal job but when I visit my mom I do random stuff to help the local handyman. It's usually interesting and different.

Went in today at 7am and this man has the nerve to put the moves on me. He is married, I know his wife and son, and could not believe he would try that. I know he has a fridge full of beer etc in the basement. Instead, I said "you need to reevaluate your morals" and marched out. I wanted to steal some beer. But I didn't. I went home and cried and then did some yoga. Sobriety is beautiful.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that happened Vigilance but you handled it very well, glad you did not drink.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Vigilance- In a way, it's a good thing the handyman was there, otherwise you might have ended up stealing that beer...no?

We had a handyman that came in to fix a door my DH had broken one night when he was drunk. The handyman seemed like a nice guy, he began working on the door but wasn't able to complete the job the same day due to not having the right color paint. After he left that day he began texting me photos of different colors of paint, asking me if I thought it was the right color...blah, blah, blah. Then, the same night I received a text from him that was very inappropriate and unprofessional, "Do you have a sister? Your husband is a lucky man!..." At first I didn't know how to respond...finally I returned a text saying "I'll remind my husband how lucky he is." The handyman never responded and never returned to finish the job. My guess is that he was drunk when he texted me and too ashamed to return.

Most likely your handyman had been drinking his beer in the fridge before he made the pass at you. Still... unacceptable and inappropriate.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a creep. That sucks and devalues you.. WELL DONE you and it is crap.

Post to vent. Avoid getting into unwanted 'hiding secrets' dynamics. Chances are you are not the first...
Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ick.
There are decent people out there and there are some sick puppies roaming around.
To be completely stereotypical; contractors are notorious lethoreos. Certainly not all. I've met a few of them though when I owned my home.
I've also had painters in my home whom I found eating on the floor of my spare bathroom the first day. The next day? I made them lunch and we all ate the table together. Respect where respect is due.
SOOOO glad you didn't grab any beers!
J