Notices

I need advice. Am I dying?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need advice. Am I dying?

I've been binge-drinking for a year now (it got worse as time went on), and I need to know what the aftermath is and what is wrong with me. I'm just gonna list the facts:

I drink/drank about half of whatever the largest bottle of vodka is (half gallon?) Daily.
I'm 29.
I was/am bulimic. I figured if I overdrink I could just puke most of it up. Not the case obviously.
I recently chose to put myself into a detox hospital. I couldn't stop shaking and under my eyes were/ still are yellow.
I had a seizure in Detox.
I drank again 5 days later (when I got out). It then started to escalate again.
I signed myself up for an intensive outpatient program.
I take Wellabutrin, and now also neurontin, naltroxone, and trazadone to sleep. Excuse my spelling.
I have a very fuzzy short-term memory and dont know what I'm doing half the time.
I'm extremely paranoid.
Drinking has decreased, but not significantly.
I'm afraid to get my liver tested.
I'm afraid to get my brain tested.

Am I dying? It's like I dont know how to stop. It's just routine at this point. And I'm scared to death as if I'm already doomed. I don't know what to do. I'm obviously not healthy. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: feel free to ask anything if needed
Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'd suggest asking your doctor for help in getting thru withdrawal, and quitting drinking for good. We can't tell you what the state of your health is, but your doctor could. Why not make an appt and ask him/her for help in getting sober.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome.

Originally Posted by poisonpam View Post
feel free to ask anything if needed
When did you sign up for IOP? Have you gone? I'm wondering why they aren't giving you the tools and support you need to quit.

I can't answer the question of if you are dying. But your current abuse is unhealthy to the extreme. ED...paranoia...help for this is beyond what an online forum can do. This is the realm for professionals. But we can offer support and I hope you can find your way to sobriety. Once sober you should be able to better tackle the other issues.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome pam

I think, even tho it's scary, you really need to let your self be examined by a Dr.

They can not only tell you what the medical issues are but how they might be fixed or dealt with.

Keep posting here too - it's my belief noone is ever beyond hope

D
Old 06-21-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I felt exactly like you just a couple of months ago.

If you stop drinking then you'll get some kind of sense of perspective back and be able to make decisions about the facts that are facing you.

The folks here will help you every step of the way with non medical advice, but you'll have to see a doctor to find out the current state of your liver and brain.
That's really the next thing you should be doing. Of course you are scared, I was too and it's OK to admit that.

Good luck.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are feeling so scared. I've been there. What does your out patient treatment entail? If it is not helping enough, is in patient rehab an option?
Are the meds helping with any of your symptoms or making them worse? You mentioned paranoia. I personally have had some adverse effects such as severe anxiety and paranoia from certain meds that others did OK on. At least you realised you are not healthy and want to get better. The only way I have been able to stop drinking is through supplements that calm my nervous system...as recommended by my doctor. If at all possible I would try to find a doctor who focuses on a holistic approach as you know between drinking and being bulimic you brain is not getting any nurishment. I hope this helps some . I'd post some cute emoticons but I'm new on here and don't know how. p.s. I was bulimic for 10 years and got over it...that was a long time ago.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum. That is a ton of drinking and with already having a DT seizure this is a serious situation, especially if you are drinking on medications. Are you attending the outpatient rehab? It sounds like getting yourself into an inpatient program would be a very good idea.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If you are still drinking the meds won't work the way they should. Please see your Dr.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can understand you being scared but I don't think you will successfully outrun this problem. It will need to be dealt with head on. I'd muster up all your courage and get into a doctor and be completely honest about your drinking. They see it more than you think, so you won't be the first. I wish you the best. Its time to save your own life.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you drink to excess for a long time- alcoholism causes death- like my bro.. and nearly me.
You NEED to see a doctor for this.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's important to educate ourselves about
addiction. How it affects us mentally, emotionally,
physically. It took folks in a rehab inpatient
hospital, facility to teach me and feed me
some important information regarding
my addiction and give me the gift of a
recovery program as a guideline to follow
each and everyday I remain sober to achieve
health, happiness and many more promising
gifts.

At the end of my rope, my family stepped
in placing me into the hands of those capable
to helping me and many one days sober
down the road I am healthy, happy and
most of all sober.

You don't have to go thru this sickness
alone by urself. Allow those who are
knowledgeable about addiction and
diseases to help you so that you can
get healthy and live a better quality of
life.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fear of death was what it took for me to stop drinking 25 years ago. You can stop drinking but first you must turn yourself over to medical professionals. God bless.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Save your life and quit. See a doctor now. Prayers coming your way. Hang in there man.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Another vote for seeing a Doctor.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by poisonpam View Post
Am I dying?
Yes.

We are all dying. Some sooner than others. Pouring that much poison into your body on a regular basis will most likely accelerator your demise.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You are young enough that you can probably reverse all the damage you are currently doing to your body.
First things first...stop drinking and vomiting, go inpatient if you need to. Go to a psych ward if you need to. You can unravel the rest later. But that needs to be done ASAP.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things Pam?

D