Notices

Mizzuno's Recovery From Alcoholism Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post
Mizz - I'm happy to see this thread. Big congrats on the sobriety.
I came back to these forms tonight in a state of fear and pain. Seeing your thread helped out. I remember you from before.
It gives me a little glimmer of hope.
Clearlight.
What's been happening my friend? How have you been?
Its very good to see you post and to know you are okay. .... Are you okay?
Sending all things positive your way!
Old 12-20-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Do you all believe that our loved ones visit us after dying?

Yesterday I was sharing with a co-worker about my sister's passing. My coworkers father had died and we were having that moment of relating.

Not even 5 minutes later I am out on the retail floor and a woman walks up to me and calls me by my sister's name. I recognized this woman as a friend of my sister's about 20 years ago or a little less. Unfortunately, I had to tell this woman that I was the sister and that her friend had died almost 2 years ago.

It's never Good news to hear that someone who was once your best friend had died. I did make My way back to her after a few minutes to make sure that she was okay with the info.

It was quite the alarming experience to tell you the truth. In the moment, I was in the flow of what was happening .....

My co-worker heard and saw the exchange and asked me if I was okay. He said that was quite odd for that to happen. It is odd.

So.... That happened.

Sober and killin it. I made it out of my funk.
I am still recovering from the cold that may have put me in a funk and my lip has the signs of a cold sore ....... Everyone is going to stare at me now

The holiday is approaching. I plan on getting in an amazing run and drinking Golden Milk. A new beverage to my life. I'm in love.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I think its your sister, finding a way to tell you she's OK, but that is just me.

My sister also died, 23 years ago, and I so wish she would send me a sign. I miss her.

If I let myself go, I can see the universe everywhere.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

We see stories of people who "suddenly drink" and find themselves at square one again. That's the benefit of your nine months, being able to see all that more clearly.

The isn't life hard enough argument...ah but it goes both ways. Yes, yes it is hard enough, so no need to add the complete misery of active drinking.

Glad you're feeling better.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

We see stories of people who "suddenly drink" and find themselves at square one again. That's the benefit of your nine months, being able to see all that more clearly.

The isn't life hard enough argument...ah but it goes both ways. Yes, yes it is hard enough, so no need to add the complete misery of active drinking.

Glad you're feeling better.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
I think its your sister, finding a way to tell you she's OK, but that is just me.

My sister also died, 23 years ago, and I so wish she would send me a sign. I miss her.

If I let myself go, I can see the universe everywhere.
I'm sorry for your loss. I do know of missing and wanting a sign. All of it is so deeply hard. Hugs to you. Sibling love is quite the intense love, isn't it?

See the Universe everywhere. I like that a lot. Shifting energies and a constant flow of life......
Such an interesting ride we are on, Dropsie.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Sibling love us quite intense, indeed. The loss of a sibling leaves a huge void.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

In therapy and the DSM is pulled out to diagnose for insurance purposes.

AUD ( alcohol use disorder) severe.

Of course. Being brutally honest with myself and others is the only way that I will stay healthy. I'm not letting my brain play any tricks on this one. When the criteria was read and 6 or more needed to apply for AUD severe, I agreed with it all. Its true. Its necessary. Its been well over a decade of progression. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Do I mind that this is the diagnosis being sent in to insurance? No.

Shame? No way.
Walking with more clarity? Yes.
Doing the necessary to stay sober? Yes

Onward and Upward.

( I do have feelings towards this. It saddens me a little but I can rest easy knowing that I made it out of the mess of drinking. What a mess that was!)
Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Be proud, Mizz; be very, very proud. You have done and are doing what only a small percentage can accomplish.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:56 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

There are modifiers in the DSM that apply, Mizz. Did you not get one of those?
- in remission
- resolved

Glad you're taking care of yourself.

O
Old 12-22-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Yes, using the modifier is important so they don't think this is going to be an issue for them.

Personally I would go with resolved given where you are at Mizz, if this is an option.

I am all about Honesty and all that but that is honestly where you are and insurance is insurance as we say.

Best to you!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Yes, using the modifier is important so they don't think this is going to be an issue for them.

Personally I would go with resolved given where you are at Mizz, if this is an option.

I am all about Honesty and all that but that is honestly where you are and insurance is insurance as we say.

Best to you!
If the Dr. Is doing his job accurately then I hope he would put resolved or in remission. I'll ask this upcoming session.

Thank You. Really helpful info Dropsie and O.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Just wanted to check in and see how things are going on this holiday weekend.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Just wanted to check in and see how things are going on this holiday weekend.
Hey Dropsie.
Life is moving along. I have a few days off which is great. I havent had any time off since I started this new job and so I am GRATEFUL to relax and not think about work for a few days.

How are you?
Old 12-23-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Greetings, dear Mizz
Old 12-23-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Xmas Christmas

D
Old 12-24-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

I hope this Holiday is peaceful for all.

I am excited to end this year on a positive note. Even with all the struggle and all that life brought to me this year, I am grateful for my sobriety and my online community. I am grateful for a clear heart and mind. Grateful to be physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally sound. It has taken a lot of work on some days to stay grounded and on other days the "grounded" existed without effort. Such is life . I can see that with time, time, time, time I am able to grow and flourish.

Time can change a lot of thoughts. Change a lot of our actions. Just keep moving forward.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Christmas!

Today's Schedule:
A long run around the park/ zoo
Open gifts later (the SO and stepchild will come over)
Maybe go to the movies.
Drink Hot Apple Cider

Its a good day to relax and soak it all in.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

This Christmas was peaceful. The first real peaceful holiday in years. I sit here with a content heart and mind. My SO, stepson and I had a day of talking, playing a card game and eating food. There was no drama and there was no alcohol.

I am happy. The New Year is coming quickly and I am not one for resolutions. Perhaps I will start training for a full Marathon or I will implement some new form of physical discipline in my life? I do know that one of the things I am most proud of is my sobriety and I am happy to not be struggling or hurting myself in that area any longer. Its a blessing to be where I am.

Thank you, SR for your unending support through these last few months. Thank for bearing with me as I went all sort of sideways at times. My life is coming together once again and there are a lot of positives and many many things to be grateful for.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope -2018 is brilliant for you Miz

D