Notices

Never again?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Absolutely! It was hard to see when I was in it how badly I was poisoning myself, I'd forgotten what healthy felt like. As soon as I had recovered from the last drunk I'd do it all over again.

It really is shameful how drinking is pushed on society through the media. Drink, drink, drink, drink, but drink responsibly. Such BS. Meanwhile, people are dying in car accidents and alcohol related diseases, perpetrating violence on each other in drunken stupors, children's lives are forever affected from alcoholic homes, rehabs are revolving doors and big business. Pretty much every stupid dumba** thing I ever did was drinking related but hey that's ok in our society, it's a joke, something to laugh about. Just another I was drinking and ... story.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I like this thread alot. My type of thinking. Alcohol gave me a fat face, bloated stomach, narly headaches, and most recently sweating alot on Sunday nights when I would be detoxicing after a 3 day binge, Ah so gross to think I lost alot of days, months even years to drinking CoorLight like water.
So glad I stopped , personally dont think Im gonna ever go thru that crap again...its just poison, just like everyone is saying..
Old 06-19-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah it's all an illusion. Quitting is only as hard as you make it for yourself. Took me a long time to understand that. I made it so much more complicated..... But my personal problems! But my friends! But I won't have any fun anymore! But my childhood! Truth is that all I had to do was stop pouring it down my throat. The rest has sorted itself out now that I stopped creating chaos and drama by getting drunk and not taking care of business. It's hard to have any real insight into your life or be moving towards real goals when you are in active addiction. You're too busy engaging in the behaviour or recovering from it. I just wish I had done this sooner...... I guess I had to be really ready though, I had to really be done with it and come to that place of acceptance deep inside myself.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Read this anonymous quote today.

It's All in Your Mind.

Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe what you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life you will have to change your mind.
Simple but true.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I gotta say that living with a drinker is really starting to wear thin with me. He's come home again in the middle of the night too drunk to be able to get back in the house so I've got to get up and help him and then he wouldn't stop rolling over on top of me and grabbing at me even though I kept pushing him off and telling him to leave me alone until I gave up and left the bed. Now I've been up hours before I had to get up for work and I already have to get up at an ungodly hour. I really wish he would quit too because I just don't want this in my life. I love him and I'm not prepared to leave him. He doesn't drink like this all the time but when he does it's so disruptive and obnoxious. I shouldn't have to wrestle him off of me, he would never act like that when he's sober. We have plans for tonight which will suck now because he'll be in a crappy mood because he'll be hungover and grumpy so I'll get to put up with that. I don't know, it's hard the way my relationships have changed since getting sober, this kind of stuff used to be the norm and I would be a participant but now it's such a turn off for me and it makes me so uncomfortable....... and mad. I didn't want to have to get at 3am and start my day like this.