Notices

Time

Old 06-16-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time

Is seem like so much more Time in a day when your not drunk. . I find this a catch 22 if you busy this is awesome . If you board and lonely that vodka demon is ringing my door bell.. I'm using the elipitcal for urges .. holding stong hour 48..
Old 06-16-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I had a lot of time on my hands in the early days. No job and no imagination, I was about as boring as you could get.I joined the action in the AA program. The resulting change of attitude opened doors for me. Pretty soon I had a great job, and so much going on there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay strong Rocket!

Why dull your senses when everything is better sober.

This of the damage, pain and misery to your body you are avoiding by not drinking.

Keep you mind clear to enjoy the life you have!

I believe in you!
Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2/2016

I was bored at first. I am not bored anymore. It gets so much better in so many ways the longer you go. Good luck
Old 06-16-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Keep at it Rocket....the initial few days are definitiely no fun. Be safe and stay close to your support...things will definitely get better.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree rocket, the early days dragged on forever. Now with some sober time days are flying by. Good for you my friend
Old 06-16-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

After a little while the opposite happens and the days are never longer enough to do what you want to do

Try and keep occupied in this initial period Rocket. Sitting on the couch and vegetating was ok for me as a drinker but it left something to be desired in recovery

D
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rocketrocket View Post
Is seem like so much more Time in a day when your not drunk. . I find this a catch 22 if you busy this is awesome . If you board and lonely that vodka demon is ringing my door bell.. I'm using the elipitcal for urges .. holding stong hour 48..
Back in the day when I was drinking I put together a week where I didn't drink. The first thing I noticed was how much better I felt in the morning. Second was how much better my skin began to look.

I think this lasted 7 or 8 days.

I remember telling myself time to celebrate. So I went out and bought a half liter of vodka. Drank maybe half at home during the early evening before heading out into the night.

Two things I remember about that night. I got so drunk I missed the last train home. When I did get home I was with a woman who gave me a couple of valiums. I took the valiums of course and luckily woke up later considering how much I drank. The lady? Don't know. Never saw her again.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 06-17-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
After a little while the opposite happens and the days are never longer enough to do what you want to do
Dee is spot on about this.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

In retrospect I spent a lot of years living life half-baked while drinking.

In the beginning of my sobriety I didn't know what to do in my free time so I went to a lot of meetings.

However, this changed as the years rolled by and today I have a full plate. Probably too full but it's real. I'm not talking about what I'm going to do like I did when I was drinking.

I'm doing it.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Find a hobby.
I have several of them and like Dee says, there isn't enough time in the day now.