Notices

25 hours in ..

Old 06-16-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

25 hours in ..

I was here a few months ago .. relapsed and I'm back.. making this my last 5 day bend ever .. it's the drunk texting and phone call that I can't remember. . I'm divorced one kid and have my own place and have a girl that is pretty awesome but she has 4 kids and her own place .. my wait to hang out cause we have separate live pushed me to relapse fell like im in limbo and its been alomst 3 years...its does not help she does not want to expose her family to my life to start a life with her. I also refuse to be fit in to her life ...starting talking to another girl in the last to weeks and I was so drunk I don't remember one call.. I'm in small town and it a matter of time till this comes out ...if I stay living like this I'm going to relapse and if I move in the girl there is a chance of relapse ... has any once else have to end relationships to stay sober . I think this is where I might be ...
I hope the withdrawal is not to bad ..
Old 06-16-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi rocketrocket - welcome back

I really think you need to reframe this:

my wait to hang out cause we have separate live pushed me to relapse
to something like
my inability to deal with the fact I have to wait to hang pushed me to relapse
Everyone I've ever gone out with who has kids has been the same- the kids come first...and honestly, as a parent you must agree that's the way it needs to be yeah?
If you really can't handle the wait, and your only tool for dealing with the wait is drinking...you either have to stop waiting and move on, or stop drinking and find other ways to deal with your discomfort.

We can definitely help you with the last one

D
Old 06-16-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back rocket,

I had to break it off with all my dysfunctional relationships (hook ups, FWB) when I first got sober. Make sobriety your priority and everything else will figure itself out. Without sobriety you won't have anything anyways.

Good luck buddy, listen to dee he has a ton of knowledge and wisdom.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

do not drink- hydrate, eat, rest- see a doc, go to a meeting. welcome=
Old 06-16-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Agree with other advice - focus on your sobriety first and foremost. That is the priority right now. Whatever girls you have in your life will be gone anyway if you stop being sober!

Make a plan. Get to a meeting, talk to people, and ask someone to help you make a plan to stay sober. That's how I did it. It doesn't mean there won't be difficult moments. There are sure to be. But it begins with you - you can do it