Notices

Back in the Abyss

Old 06-10-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Hey, I'm hanging in there.

Thanks for asking waynetheking!

BTW - I was in downtown Ft. Worth a couple of days after the twister touched down right smack in the heart of downtown about 17 years ago or so. That blew the doors off the theories that tornadoes never strike a city on a river.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That's GREAT news my friend. Just keep going. Don't drink under any circumstances. The payoff is huge!

Yeah we got hit really hard by the tornado. But, the city bounced back with new development in the form of condos and retail. I moved down here about 5 years afterwards. Downtown FW is a great place to live. If you ever get back look me up, I'll show ya around.
Good to here from ya. Hang in here buddy and don't drink. It's a dead end street for us. Always will be.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Feeling unusually good this morning, what's up with that?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your body is healing. Get ready for more of the same. Sobriety can be addictive as well!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Beer causes me "Don" syndrome - when I'm drinking it, I'm "Don Juan" - the next morning, I'm "Don Knotts" !

Must be feeling better
Old 06-14-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Your emotions will go up and down , the energy your going to have is amazing. If you feel the urge to drink, go for a walk , or pick up a new hobbie. The mind and body are a terrible thing to waste and right now its thanking you with energy and healing, go outside , look up and breathe my friend, Congrats on doing you!!!
Old 06-14-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Thanks for your encouraging input NulaMeansZero. I've been feeling so proactive the last couple of days, I'm actually going to an AA meeting tonight, for the first time in ages - and I'm looking forward to it!
Old 06-14-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hope you have a good meeting steadwell, glad to hear things are going so well.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Amazing how things can turn around in a day! After achieving little progress in my job search over the last couple of weeks, and behind on rent this month, I finally decided to apply for help at the local Trustee office, feeling that I was on my "last leg", I felt like it was a last resort and that if denied, I might as well get prepared for "rock bottom". I haven't been drinking at all for several days now, and really didn't drink much in my last little "slip", but I have recharged my proactive spirit and remained diligent in the job search and have started going to meetings again (after several years) to help me stay focused away from J. Barleycorn.

While waiting in the lobby of the Trustee office to discuss my application, I received a phone call informing me that I was to report to work at 8:30 AM Monday morning beginning a new position M -F , 8-4:30! And, that job is near where my meetings are conducted in addition to being fairly close to home.

Wow, it's just absolutely amazing how things can turn from being on the precipice of the abyss into new hope with brand new opportunities when you persevere through the hard times! This all occurred on Friday afternoon (today)!

I just had to share this!

Yes!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 02:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Great news Steadwell, congratulations!
Old 06-16-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff steadwell