Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Completed 5th step.. spiritual experience? Humility?

Notices

Completed 5th step.. spiritual experience? Humility?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Arrow Completed 5th step.. spiritual experience? Humility?

So I completed my 5th step laying it all out fearless and thorough and my sponsor explained how it was like a dirty lightbulb getting clean. I then had a feeling I never had before. I felt a rush of warmth starting at my head running all through my body. My hair on my arms stood up and I got goosebumps. He smiled and said it happened. He then told me to do as the book says and go take an hour to myself at a quiet place to read steps 6 and 7 and reflect. I drove to the nearest church parking lot. I finished meditating and reading about being humble and went to leave and my car wouldn't start. Had my wife come get me and will have to go back in the morning to figure out the car. (think its a battery) What a night
Old 05-23-2017, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

5th step promises

once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we are delighted. We can look the world in the eye. We can be alone at perfect peace and ease. Our fears fall from us. We begin to feel the nearness of our Creator. We may have had certain spiritual beliefs, but now we begin to have spititual experience. The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly. We feel we are on the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dreaded doing Step 5 but I felt so good after it was done.

I had so many bad things buried in my past - many that I never told anyone about until I did Step 5 with my sponsor.

I went through the Steps again with my 2nd sponsor as well. It is good to get different opinions and advice from different people.

Working and living by the Steps is a constant process - I continue to grow everyday.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Thanks everyone. I was meditating on humility when the car wouldnt start. My hp has a nice sense of humor.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Powerful stuff SteveAlex. It is a totally different ball game when we can share life changing spiritual experiences with others. Beats the heck of sitting in a meeting having only our drinking experiences to talk about. You may well have just joined the fellowship of the Spirit