Notices

help

Old 10-17-2004, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kimmer

help

ive done it again. im back to binging once a week. and heavily. did the usual "i will never do this again" while puking my guts out and then friday comes and i disappoint everyone again. Im so beside myself. I go months and do well with my reading and groups and then it all falls apart as soon as i have a financial problem or something. I dont know what to do anymore. groups dont keep me going, antabuse works when you take it but do i? no.
sorry to be a sour puss but im real down right now and losing my family day by day. or shall i say week by week. sun thru thurs i do great. then bam.
maybe its partly the menopause. Hey someone on here said DO NOT take diet pills with anti depressants. Yet my doctor didnt say anything. I am wondering why you shouldnt. Dont plan to as of yet but just wondering.
im off to the gym to try and work this out of my system.
hugs to all
Kim
Old 10-17-2004, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kim,

Try to be kind to yourself. From what you said, it seems like when there's a problem, you drink. I did that too. I thought there was no other way to cope, but there is. You need a plan and you need to stick to it. Next time a situation comes up, be prepared. You can call someone, exercise, take a bath, anything at all that helps you get through the moment. The only way to get a handle on that is to face it - that's how you get stronger. You can do it!

As for diet pills - I don't know much about them, but aren't they 'uppers' and therefore mood-altering drugs. I use anti-depressants too because I have a chemical imbalance, but personally, I don't think mood-altering drugs are a good idea. Maybe you can look into it more.

Hang in there and keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 10-17-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kim.. Don't beat yourself up. Learn from the relapse and keep working harder.. By the sounds of it, finances are a trigger for you - perhaps setting up an appointment with a financial counsellor would be a good idea ?

Stay strong.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Perhaps going to meetings, getting a sponsor, working the steps and getting some phone numbers to call before taking that first drink would help.
AN EXCUSE IS A FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO FIND A REASON WHERE THERE IS NONE.
After one realizes they have a drinking problem, they have no more excuses. If I drink again it'll be because I decide to drink, not because of finances, bad weather or the dog dieing.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((kim))) I too drink when there's a problem . I now try and read my bible when a problem comes up because it always helps me realize whatever the problem is it's not that bad. It's a struggle though to pick up the bible instead of booze sometimes the booze wins out but it's happening less and less often now. Also I can call my cousin when I get the urge to drink and talk about the problem with her instead. Is there anyone that you can talk to ? Hang in there. You are in my prayers.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kimmer

thanks all

i am not an aa person, never will be. been there done it. BUT do admit i cannot do i alone and will make my call to my abuse counselor today. I appreciate everyones comments and have taken them to heart. what irks me most is the years of sobriety i have wasted, well not wasted but ruined the pattern. starting over seems so difficult. Like where do i get that inspiration that was so strong the first time? the first time i was a daily drinker and that made it almost easier this binge thing is the hardest.
hugs to all
kim
Old 10-18-2004, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First of all Kim you need to stop bemoaning "wasted sobriety years or broken patterns"

You have been sober long enough to know what is required of you.

You drank because you chose to drink.

You drink because you are still holding on to drinking as a respite from your problems.

As soon as you can rule out drinking as an option to the endless stream of challenges in life then you may have the drinking problem licked.

The next time money woes assail you try putting pen to paper or talking it over with someone with sound financial judgement.